Login with Facebook, Google or Yahoo accounts

Started by Sami, October 05, 2010, 05:31:59 PM

Sami

AirwaySim has added a new functionality to its website allowing users to use certain third-party identification services to access our website.

Users can now login (and register) using their Facebook, Google or Yahoo accounts by the help of the Janrain gateway. In other words at the Registration and Login pages the user can choose to identify himself for example with his Google account. After a verification process the user can use this account to easily login to AirwaySim website, dropping the need for remembering his unique username and password to our site.

The system is secure and your identification account information (ie. Google/Facebook/Yahoo) username or password are NOT transferred into our site. All the information is transferred using a secure connection and routed via OpenID service provider (Janrain).

If you already have an active account to AirwaySim and wish to use some of these logins simply first logout. Then at the login page choose the desired service provider (like Facebook), and enter password/username for their service to the popup. After that you will still need to (once only) enter your current AirwaySim username and password to merge the information. After that you can from now on login with your Google/Facebook/Yahoo account (depending on which you chose). You can also merge multiple identities with your AWS account (and you can see these linkages at My Account page).

T8KE0FF

Can we have like a button below our username to see our twitter/facebook/yahoo page?

Sami

Quote from: T8KE0FF on October 05, 2010, 05:40:08 PM
Can we have like a button below our username to see our twitter/facebook/yahoo page?

uu, what, where ..? didn't understand where you want it. etc.

ICEcoldair881

Quote from: T8KE0FF on October 05, 2010, 05:40:08 PM

Marshall you should look on the main page....it's above the login area at the bottom of the page...right hand side i believe....

Sami

Update

The registration process with these identification methods has been updated. If the system provides us a verified email address (which all Facebook, Google and Yahoo do) there is no need to activate your account (via email). Instead by using this method you can register and login instantly, leaving one step out from the process ..

Sami

Quote from: sami on October 06, 2010, 04:46:30 PM
The registration process with these identification methods has been updated. If the system provides us a verified email address (which all Facebook, Google and Yahoo do) there is no need to activate your account (via email). Instead by using this method you can register and login instantly, leaving one step out from the process ..

I'd be happy to hear some feedback on how easy to use this new system is, from our new members who've used this.

And why not from others too.

RibeiroR

I used it through Facebook, although i always stay logged in (marked); very simple  :P

Bosleeuw

What is the advantage of this feature? Does AirwaySim post some nice airline info on you facebook wall? :)

Sami

No status updates or such yet, but maybe in the future. Login integration is just the first step. (it's especially madee for new members as they can register more easily)