Back on IVAO

Started by swiftus27, October 04, 2010, 05:11:57 PM

swiftus27

In order to supplement my aircraft training, I got myself a second monitor and am back on IVAO.

Any other members out there?

(If you dont know it is a FS add on that allows real people to control you as if they were ATC).

Sami

swiftus27

I am going to be on later tonight in a few hours at ~2100z.  

You going to be around, Sami?

jimsom

alexgv1

Used to be part of IVAO-UK but I'm a VATSIM man now, UK was always understaffed (even though Europe was excellent) and for me IVAO lacks an equivalent to Vataware.

Will you be flying GA swiftus?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

6Pack

QuoteUK was always understaffed

I thought IVAO was known for having good staffing in the UK.  I switched to VATSIM because ATC in the USA was practically non-existent.

Sami

Yep, Ivao is more active globally in terms of people online but there are differences in various countries. USA is much more active in VATSIM, while for example whole of central Europe is more active in IVAO.

etc.

(btw. the biggest & traditional IVAO Xmas event is again held this year at Rovaniemi, "Santa Claus Airport", in Lapland. 11th December.)

swiftus27

I will be flying GA in real life but am flying whatever to learn.  I dont want to be flying C172s 300nm just to get to another controlled airport.

alexgv1

Quote from: 6Pack on October 05, 2010, 10:08:22 AM
I thought IVAO was known for having good staffing in the UK.  I switched to VATSIM because ATC in the USA was practically non-existent.

Well it was quite good when EGBB and EGPH used to be staffed maybe some EGPX_CTR if we were lucky but that was only when they were training ATCs.

Generally when you log in on a busy night expecting to do a nice flight to/from the UK you see Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Paris all fully staffed and maybe only Heathrow or Gatwick tower on if you're lucky.

Well things might have changed in the last year, but that's how I remember it.

I don't want to start bashing IVAO because it's a great network and I spent some enjoyable times on there.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Maarten Otto

I am still training at EHRD_DEL sometimes.

Terrence Klaverweide

Quote from: sami on October 05, 2010, 10:40:16 AM
Yep, Ivao is more active globally in terms of people online but there are differences in various countries. USA is much more active in VATSIM, while for example whole of central Europe is more active in IVAO.

etc.

(btw. the biggest & traditional IVAO Xmas event is again held this year at Rovaniemi, "Santa Claus Airport", in Lapland. 11th December.)

I don't know why the two don't just merge, bundle their powers and provide one big global online experience... Has this ever been discussed in your ranks?

swiftus27

swiftus27

They are so helpful and happy to help me learn the ins-and-outs of the flight process.

I felt bad for Schiphol Tower when I radioed in that I was in a Cessna 172.  I almost cried when my initial clearance was to take off on 36L. 

Maarten Otto

LOL... that took you almost half an hour didn't it?