Next game world schedules

Started by Sami, October 03, 2010, 08:05:08 PM

Sami

As mentioned in the previous news items the next game world is starting soon. According to the present plans it will be the last, or second-to-last, world with the current v.1.2 game engine.

We've had a poll in our forums asking for user opinions and preferences about the next game world and based on this feedback the next game world's virtual time will start approximately at year 2000. The launch time for this game world will be on Thursday 7th October, at approx. 13.00 UTC. This game world is a regular fully featured scenario with spaces for several hundred airlines with all countries and airports included.

The next Beginner World will also start soon. Approximate start date is Sunday 10th October. Please see our website for the actual start time a bit closer to this date.

Dazwalsh

brilliant, i shall return for the new game :D

Sami

NOTE.

There may be a slight 10-20min delay in starting this world. As always, the times on launches of the scenarios are approximate.

Meicci

If you, sami, announce that game world will start at 13:00 UTC, BUT, it is an approximate, can it start sooner than 13:00?

castelino009

Quote from: Meicci on October 07, 2010, 12:36:14 PM
If you, sami, announce that game world will start at 13:00 UTC, BUT, it is an approximate, can it start sooner than 13:00?

10-20  DELAY  ???

Meicci

Yup, but:

If 13:00 UTC is an approximate, and sami had in mind that it would start at 12:30 UTC. And with 10-20 min delay, it would start sooner than 13:00?  ;)

castelino009

Quote from: Meicci on October 07, 2010, 12:43:11 PM
Yup, but:

If 13:00 UTC is an approximate, and sami had in mind that it would start at 12:30 UTC. And with 10-20 min delay, it would start sooner than 13:00?  ;)

no matey, it was 13:00 UTC

swiftus27

Sami

Game world is now open, announcement/news follows in a few minutes.

Please note the a bit changed naming. It's called Modern Times, although timeframe is nearly same as in now-ending ATB. This is part of the renewals, since this world really is more of the "modern" time than the 80/90/00s scenario...

(whoa 30 members joined in the time I wrote this)

tman558

Update on luanch of beginners world?  thx

Tweemaalj

Is there also a next air travel boom game?

I have just finished the beginners world 9.
I cant join the new beginners world because of the rules.
I cant join the modern ages 3 because he's full.
The rest is already 60% of more on his way.

The air travel boom game is finishing in 8 days, so will there be a new one to join?

captain1

Yeah, I'm hoping for another world to open as well. Can't join the beginners and the other is full. >:(

Sami

Indeed, that is a downside. This MT3 is actually the ATB replacement game world (changes in naming system a bit here, see my previous post), so next world is probably 60s/70s/80s start. But for the schedule I cannot comment yet since I would really like to space out the starting dates a bit so that they don't all start & end in same time.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: sami on October 11, 2010, 09:19:48 PM
Indeed, that is a downside. This MT3 is actually the ATB replacement game world (changes in naming system a bit here, see my previous post), so next world is probably 60s/70s/80s start. But for the schedule I cannot comment yet since I would really like to space out the starting dates a bit so that they don't all start & end in same time.

I like the part that the 1998 - 2002 was chopped off, eliminating some older fleet type, creating new challenges with more limited aircraft selection.  I am not too crazy about nothing being added after 2020, like 2020-2024, making it at least the same length as ATB.

Tweemaalj

Plz, make 50 more places in the new modern times world, so we can join?

550 instead of 500....     otherwise we have nothing to start.

Quote from: sami on October 11, 2010, 09:19:48 PM

BusBoy

Please make more room in the games or open a new world please!!! missed the MT3 opening and really want to get started

d2031k

Quote from: dominicafc84 on October 13, 2010, 03:52:17 PM
Please make more room in the games or open a new world please!!! missed the MT3 opening and really want to get started

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,25640.0.html

COUGAR

when is the next game world beginning?