Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Other financial options?  (Read 1632 times)

AgentYoda

• Former member
[-] Other financial options?
« on: July 25, 2007, 10:40:36 PM »
Hey ;D

I was just wondering if revenue would only be available through passenger transportation. Will we be able to mess with transporting goods, purchasing airports or other property, loaning planes/money/property, or the stock market concerning other airlines? The stock market sure would add something to the game; possibly buying out or investing heavily in a different airline for a forced takeover of the business or a nice amount of dividend.....though then we'd have to mess with investors to start the company and all those great things.

Sorry if I sound crazy. I just like economics almost as much as I like planes :P.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 03:05:02 PM by sami »

CX717

• Former member
Re: Other financial options?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »
CARGO FLIGHT  :thmbup:

AgentYoda

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 07:07:35 PM »
CARGO FLIGHT  :thmbup:

Precisely :P

But then we'd have to get information on the tons of cargo per airport.....

On second thought, let's not :P

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »
This is much easier than the INT SH,LH percentage  :laugh:

philes

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 01:32:07 AM »
The stock market thingy has alredy been discussed with the game admins. And "we" came to conclusion that stocks are a bit too difficult to program realistically to the game.

How could one stop another from taking over his company thus ending the game from the original owner.
 - Or should we be talking about multi-ownership companies?

How to program the stock markets secure enough that no-one can manipulate them?
 - I've already thought several ways to cheat in the stock markets while writing this reply.

The markets contain so much variables that simply it's a bit too complicated package to be added to the game. IMHO.

Sami: Fix me up, if I'm talking all BS. ;)

ps. But for the cargo transport option.. ..+1 !

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:22 AM »
Yes agree with that.

And cargo is possible model but it would again require some base data of the airports and their cargo quantities. Plus I rather first finish the pax calculation systems.

odo

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 11:31:54 AM »
Adding cargo at some point really important in my opinion. Many airlines run their routes profitably because of the belly cargo. This should be modeled.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »
 I think the best way would be to first fully complete the pax calculations and all other important stuff. Then, maybe after public beta or even after the game launch, gargo data could be added.
   Before this it could be gathered into some other place and then copy the data from there to the game itself.

Marco

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 08:33:55 PM »
I think the best way would be to first fully complete the pax calculations and all other important stuff. Then, maybe after public beta or even after the game launch, gargo data could be added.
   Before this it could be gathered into some other place and then copy the data from there to the game itself.

It is the common sense! :thmbup:

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 09:22:47 PM »
Yes, that's what I already said basically  ;D

First gotta finish the point-to-point passenger system and then also plans are to make the transfer flights / hub system for passengers too. After that cargo will be considered. But that's still a long way to go.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.