How to get out of a bad lease?

Started by UAL3422, September 01, 2010, 10:09:32 PM

UAL3422

Hello,

I decided to lease 2 IL-62's for our new international routes, and the results were cratering. I need to get rid of these -62's, but these things have put me in the red, and I don't have the money to get out of the lease. Also, because I took a loan out for the leases of these aircraft, I can't get a new lease to get my account positive and cancel the leases early. I'm losing close to $1mil a week thanks to these. What can be done?

Bolier Dweller

UAL3422

Quote from: Bolier Dweller on September 01, 2010, 10:17:56 PM
file chapter 11 and start over.

Can anything else be done? Because i've already filed Chapter 11 3 times, this would be the 4th, next time i'd have to pay the credits again, which I really don't want to. Can anything else possibly be done?

Bolier Dweller

wow uhm.....well you could ground the planes. by doing this you save on fuel which im sure they suck it like sugar or fly them on high demand routes and possibly turn some profit.  that's about the only thing i think of with out buying back into the game.

UAL3422

Quote from: Bolier Dweller on September 01, 2010, 10:48:09 PM
wow uhm.....well you could ground the planes. by doing this you save on fuel which im sure they suck it like sugar or fly them on high demand routes and possibly turn some profit.  that's about the only thing i think of with out buying back into the game.

Tried grounding them before, that didn't work- just sitting there they're costing me thousands. I'll see if I can turn some profit on high demand routes.

UAL3422

yeah, it didn't go well. i'm just going to file Chapter 11. =(

ArcherII

Oh my...

"I come to Thy, My Lord, to never see my balance sheet look like that"

Bolier Dweller

Zabuti

Hi

only thing you can do, to me is to use them for a route with no competition where you have a good route image, and lower the price on this route by 10%. Should help them make a bit of money

close any big advertising campaign. Just leave the basic (municipality /billboards and newspapers)

decrease your CEO salary to 0, cancel all unused routes, and I hope this will help you.

Let us know the result

Zabuti

based on your company profile, looks like you've closed it already...

Now, if you want to avoid this issue again, I'd suggest you do not do what you've actually just done.

One aircraft, (727) and 12 routes... you want to die again ?

If you want to be successful, you need to give time to your airline. Start with one, maybe two routes, and fly them repeatedly (to cover demand, but not more). Best if you have no competition on this route.

This way, you do not have to spend a lot of money in expensive route marketing campaigns since you need them to raise awareness and make people fly your numerous routes.

I've started with two old fashioned airbuses, and set them on only one route (CDG/JFK). I've made a lot of money with this. My main competitor at Paris is having a lot of flights, sometimes once a week during the night. This is not the way you make sustainable business...

(as a result, he is now kinda blocked in his expansion because I'm slowly taking all of his routes, with regular flights.)

People will rely on your airline if they know they can have at least one daily flight from A to B. otherwise, they will take more regular airlines.

Gary

727's .......especially the advanced are becoming very tough to buy and when they are available they are way overpriced.

You could look at DC -9, there's still a good supply of those although there overpriced too and not as good as 737's or 727's.

You may have to lease new planes but maybe try regional turbo props......like the ATR 72 and service the regional market......under 400 miles.

takasito

Stop the route and open shorter distance route with the same AC

There is no bailout option, I am afraid.