Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Open New Route Interface  (Read 456 times)

nicksabatino

• Former member
[-] Open New Route Interface
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:57:18 PM »
When trying to find new routes to fly, I find myself often clicking the Route Data icon for each Airport in the list trying to find a route with an appropriate level of demand. Would anyone else find it useful to have (maybe to the right of the distance column) an additional column with the estimated pax/day? Personally, I would also appreciate something like an Average Pax Supply / day as well.

Maybe an alternative to this would be in the Open New Route search box the option to select Min/Max pax/day.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:14:02 PM by sami »

Offline FlyingFast

• Members
Re: Open New Route Interface
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »
Well, of course such a new feature will make it a lot easier.

I wouldnīt like to have such a feature.  The reason therfore is, that because  we donīt have such a feature itīs especially for new airlines
more easy to find a route no airlines are flying (greater ones).

If we have such a feature - the great airlines will have it a lot easier to grow faster and faster...

many greetings

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »
I guess that you would save a few clicks. But it's no good IMHO. Think for a minute, with that feature every route with decent demand would be filled because it will be easier to find.
To have a good start-up in a young airline when the game is halfway through you have to find this niche routes (good demand, no competitors), sometimes those are the ones you expected the least (and almost nobody expects).
So, it's better to make some more clicks and "scout" routes than have them up front easy. If it's easy for you to finf, it will be easier to find for others as well.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 05:25:01 PM »
I'm afraid LAS was faster :laugh:

Offline FlyingFast

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
I guess that you would save a few clicks. But it's no good IMHO. Think for a minute, with that feature every route with decent demand would be filled because it will be easier to find.
To have a good start-up in a young airline when the game is halfway through you have to find this niche routes (good demand, no competitors), sometimes those are the ones you expected the least (and almost nobody expects).
So, it's better to make some more clicks and "scout" routes than have them up front easy. If it's easy for you to finf, it will be easier to find for others as well.

Exactly!!!!

Offline FlyingFast

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »
I'm afraid LAS was faster :laugh:

Yours is better to read  ;D (sorry for my "german" english  :D )

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 05:35:54 PM »
Yours is better to read  ;D (sorry for my "german" english  :D )

I'm Argentinian, so we are even

hjp766

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 11:59:45 AM »
While "1-click" isn't the best idea how about actually having a research department that could be (at a price) actually used to do some market research with the ability that if they said a route was worth having for your airline you would get better demand perhaps than normal. E.g. in France Air France or a subsiduary can normally get a better load as it is a local airline.

What I am trying to get at is how about a research dept that enables a kind of load bonus for a local airline.

Not sure if that makes sense but can try and explain better if people want.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.