Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot Hogging  (Read 993 times)

tm07x

• Former member
Slot Hogging
« on: August 28, 2010, 12:24:16 AM »
Apparently there is a big problem with slot-hogging, whether or not Sami wants to admit or not.
Recently there was a case in Jet Age where King Airways got fined 200m something for slot hogging.

I feel that the problem of slot hogging has grown to such proportions that advanced slot hoggers like King Airways
in the end, get away with the crime cus they either mask it well, or they simply don't get caught early enough.

a 200m fine for an airline like King is peanuts, the fee is like any other big corp fee, it's pathetic. You've built your airline from the ground up based on cheating, you get to dominate and crush your competitors by not following the rules, and you get rewarded with a 200m fine. It makes the logic of this game feel arbitrary at best.

Now I might not be the smartest dude on this planet, but I'm sure of one thing, for any game to be fun to play, especially MMO's, the mods have to be on top of their game and kill of the rats and pirates who somehow manage to exploit the flaws and errors in the game.

IMO many of the people with voting power on this forum seem to be indifferent about it cus they are exploiting the same flaws in the game.

From a business perspective, at the end of the day any game is successful when you have paying subscribers or users, in the case of AWS, it seems that the top players get to dictate the terms of the gaming worlds.

I can only speak for myself and the few friends I've recruited, but none of us are into the game to become world dominators. Or #1 airlines, I don't give two s***s about those who have the desire to become #1, as long as it's not on the behalf of other players and dirty games.

Maybe Sami should create a new gameworld for these guys called, "THE FREE WORLD" where you can do as you please and slot hog ur way to hell and back.

just my two f***ing annoyed cents on a friday afternoon!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:27:24 AM by tm07x »

Bolier Dweller

• Former member
Re: Slot Hogging
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 01:59:39 AM »
I believe you don't realize how it is in the real world. I live in Georgia and KATL is the main airport. And as we know its delta primary hub. Now if you want to talk about slot hogging take this into consideration. Out of the sum 300 gates at KATL Delta owns more than 80% of these gates. And its all legal you know why? Because they paid there dues and are entitled to the rights of the gates and landing slots. Now in this game i will say i also have been a little dis please with the slot hogging but this is what happens if you join late. Now the best way to get around this i have found is find another airport and hub it up. For Example, Airtran recently bought up landing slots and gates at KMKE after a merger occurred with midwest and frontier. You have to look for opportunity  in the game like when other airline change there routes. And then to finsh, maybe not go off like you have in the forum?

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 02:31:22 AM »
Apparently there is a big problem with slot-hogging, whether or not Sami wants to admit or not.
Recently there was a case in Jet Age where King Airways got fined 200m something for slot hogging.

You do realize that the person who fined King Airways was sami, don't you?

You can't say that sami doesn't consider slot-hogging a problem when he's now instituted an in-game method of dealing with the problem.  If he didn't want to admit it was a problem, he'd have gone right on with what has been done the past 2 years, and that is doing nothing at all.  

Yes, you can say that the fine wasn't that large -- and you'd be correct.  But it was the very first fine, and first offenses should be slaps on the wrists -- particularly when the rules weren't very clear before.  The fact that sami gave zero warning prior to the fines is additional evidence of sami's desire to take care of this problem.  The fines will increase exponentially and, if necessary, sami will go to more severe forms of punishment.  The recent fines were just the first day of the first step of the solution.

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »
So this is "step2" of your campaign against me, isn't it?

For sure all those people are really interested in the full story.

Why don't you tell them you insulted me at the Jet Age 2 forums thread and deleted this message by yourself immediately?
Because you wrote me a PM where you begging me on your knees I should leave Los Angeles - Denver to help your small and unprotected airline?

Where you started to insulting me again after I refused your request friendly because of your offensive behavior?

I tried you to explain your questions in normal and friendly words. Obviously you are not able to understand this. Also I deleted your messages, very bad, I supposed the situation was ok.

But to give the rest an impression how your style is, here's your PM from today:
Sorry, apparently you don't got too much empathy between your ears.

Who tha f*** cares what Mighty Mouse does or didn't do?
All you f***ing slot hoggers are in the same boat. It doesn't really make what you do any more legitimate or "better" than any other hogger does.

you're all in the same boat and for all I care, you should all be BANNED!

if not banned, not be fined a ridicillous 200m fine. You should've been fined 2 BILLION.
so c***s like you learn a f***ing lesson.

something tells me you got aspergers.

Yeah, I'm a bad slot hogger (but explained to you why). But you are somebody who can't speak in a normal way, who is not able to talk without using "f***" in every third word.

And ban me will not solve your biggest problem in AWS, tm07x: You are a very very bad gamer and I'm the opposite.

Edit: Your airline name "Whopsass Airliness (WAX)" only completes the picture about the person behind the PC.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:14:39 PM by Curse »

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
And here we go to show you in which points you are wrong.

I feel that the problem of slot hogging has grown to such proportions that advanced slot hoggers like King Airways
in the end, get away with the crime cus they either mask it well, or they simply don't get caught early enough.

The problem at the moment is, the only alternative to hog slots is to disclaim slots on many important international airports.

Airlines in Europe or Asia can hog slots by themselves with small aircraft, but try this out from Hong Kong, Taipeh, Tokyo, Los Angeles or Vancouver. Especially in Jet Age 2 this is not possible. I tried this with Bristol Britannia at the very start of the game - one flight lasts over 50hours.

a 200m fine for an airline like King is peanuts, the fee is like any other big corp fee, it's pathetic.

If $200 Millions are peanuts, why your airline value is below this amount? For sure you are some very skilled guy working at the local Burger Grill and thinks the best way to solve problems is to close every company which is caught.

You've built your airline from the ground up based on cheating, you get to dominate and crush your competitors by not following the rules, and you get rewarded with a 200m fine. It makes the logic of this game feel arbitrary at best.

No, I started slot hogging after Sami said he knows the problems (especially about EGLL), but the tactics (of Jumbo Mouse in this case, but everybody does this there) and maybe in future there will be a system to prevent this.

This must be 1968 or 1969. The basics of my airline and the disappearance of all competition was before this date. Also the route to Heathrow wasn't profitable as long as Jumbo Mouse was on that route too. I flew it to make him cry and it worked.

The slots at KLAX I also didn't hoggeg all. As I told you in PM it was never my target to prevent others from flying to my HQ. After the thing with EGLL worked fine I thought it will help me to get good 7-day-schedules if I have slots at every time. I know this was against the rules and for this I apologized and got fined.

Now I might not be the smartest dude on this planet, but I'm sure of one thing, for any game to be fun to play, especially MMO's, the mods have to be on top of their game and kill of the rats and pirates who somehow manage to exploit the flaws and errors in the game.

For sure you are not the smartest guy.

I don't know how long you play AWS but I never noticed you and I think I'm always informed about good players and good airlines. So better stop talking about something nearly every top airline does. Take a look at airports with <30 slots/hour and maybe you will see what everybody here is able to see.

And, again, some others and I got fined and warned by Sami due to our rule violation. So he, the mod, "killed the rats"

From a business perspective, at the end of the day any game is successful when you have paying subscribers or users, in the case of AWS, it seems that the top players get to dictate the terms of the gaming worlds.

Oh yeah. Because I have so unlimited influence how much of my ideas are already included? Hm? Oh, I know! 0! ZERO!

I can only speak for myself and the few friends I've recruited, but none of us are into the game to become world dominators. Or #1 airlines, I don't give two s***s about those who have the desire to become #1, as long as it's not on the behalf of other players and dirty games.

No problem, I also don't care about you. Hm. Ok, maybe in the feature I will "take care of you".  ;D

Maybe Sami should create a new gameworld for these guys called, "THE FREE WORLD" where you can do as you please and slot hog ur way to hell and back.

Yeah, and you and three others are alone in the normal game worlds.

just my two f***ing annoyed cents on a friday afternoon!

Maybe this post would make more sense without some beer before.

I'm always surprised why unimperienced and uninformed people are talking about such big things. Oh, forgot, it's your personal dirt-campaign against me because I haven't left "your" route...

tm07x

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »
You do realize that the person who fined King Airways was sami, don't you?

You can't say that sami doesn't consider slot-hogging a problem when he's now instituted an in-game method of dealing with the problem.  If he didn't want to admit it was a problem, he'd have gone right on with what has been done the past 2 years, and that is doing nothing at all.  

Yes, you can say that the fine wasn't that large -- and you'd be correct.  But it was the very first fine, and first offenses should be slaps on the wrists -- particularly when the rules weren't very clear before.  The fact that sami gave zero warning prior to the fines is additional evidence of sami's desire to take care of this problem.  The fines will increase exponentially and, if necessary, sami will go to more severe forms of punishment.  The recent fines were just the first day of the first step of the solution.

if that really is the case then lets hope that something does happen. Either way, base penalty should be based on the extra revenue from cheating. If you make 100m from cheating, then you should be fined 300 or 400m, or else its not really a fine. and people will keep doing it cus they'll just get a warning.

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 02:39:38 PM »
Good idea. So I'll get back my $200 Mio because Heathrow never made profit thanks to 400% oversupply (200% each)?  ;D

tm07x

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »
Good idea. So I'll get back my $200 Mio because Heathrow never made profit thanks to 400% oversupply (200% each)?  ;D

you really aren't that smart are you?

-

An insult regarding the choice of a name for an airline from the man with the name "KING" Airways... oh puhleeeeeeze...
why don't you just go away?

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »
Yeah, would be easy if everyone would go away, not?

You could fly all your routes without competition and must not begging people to delete their routes... you could create dirt campaign threads and nobody would own you very hard in them. And you could PM to people that aren't much more clever than you ever will be and show you where you belong...

But, unfortunately it seems to be me to say you this and not your parents... life isn't this easy...

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 04:06:22 PM »
Knock it off.  Curse, you got busted for doing it and instead of being reentent, you are continuing to antagonize.

While some others may get away with hogging at second tier airports right now.  Feel free to police and report on them if you choose. 

Both of you, stop being combative here. It isn't conducive to this simulation.

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »
Curse, you got busted for doing it and instead of being reentent, you are continuing to antagonize.

Can you please explain "reentent", none of my translators know it  :(

I'm being antagonizing if one lies or does things with the intention to start a dirt campaign. There's already a thread in the Jet Age 2 forums where everybody is welcome to tell me how much I suck and whatever, so opening another thread in the general forums wasn't conductive.

What I wanted to say is the following things:
I violated the rules and I'm sorry for this. But this doesn't mean the cause for this is solved. The problem is still there.

And if I'm offended I'm going to strike back with arguments and show and explain people why something happened. I know this is a way most people in North America (officially) don't like, but please accept it's how things in my country work. One offenses and the other one has the right to explain and defend himself, making the one offenses him (and maybe others) understand why things happened in a special way.

Being caught by sami doesn't mean I'm outcluded to criticize. See it from another view: If I explain why I've done this (and others that done this too) you get some first hand information and not only hypothetical answers.

Hope everything understood it now. My English isn't well, but if someone hasn't get the point right now, please PM me, I'll make a drawing  ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 04:46:47 PM »
ok.. unnecessary fighting.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.