Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Carry out maintenance on aircraft offered for sale?  (Read 365 times)

Offline raptorva

• Members
[-] Carry out maintenance on aircraft offered for sale?
« on: August 23, 2010, 06:32:17 AM »
Greetings,

I have Fokker F.50's that I've been trying to sell in the MT2 used market for ages and keep realizing that I need to refresh C/D checks on them. To do this currently I have to remove the aircraft from maintenance and bring it back in my fleet so that I can do the maintenance and then having it sit on the ground costing me money until I can get online again to put it back up for sale.

My idea is that wouldn't it be simpler if there were a way to 'refresh' aircraft maintenance that you have offered for sale in much the same way as aircraft serving in your fleet? This would be an optional feature just like the auto-maintenance one currently modeled for fleet aircraft. This would allow airlines that wish to do so to offer aircraft for sale and keep them maintenance-wise in top condition.

This could be modeled as well so that if another airline wishes to lease the aircraft while it is still in maintenance, the delivery date is automatically set to after the maintenance is complete.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:04:11 PM by sami »

0zlw

• Former member
Re: Carry out maintenance on aircraft offered for sale?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:44 AM »
This would work as long as there was an indicator to people that it was in maintenance.

Offline raptorva

• Members
Re: Carry out maintenance on aircraft offered for sale?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »
Possibly could indicate it on the panel now that shows where maintenance is expired/being performed. It could appear as reading; 'XXX in for X Check, will be delivered XX weeks after confirmation of order' or something akin to that.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.