Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet commonality  (Read 685 times)

Online schlaf

• Members
Fleet commonality
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »
I must ask some question about fleet commonality..

Is the total cost per month and MD80= 1660596/88 = 18870?
And where in the Income statement do i found this cost? In Aircraft maintenance?... Is A,B,C and D-checks included here aswell?

Same question here.. Is my total cost per month and MD80= 23383400/88 =265720?

So my total cost per month (that is not included in Financial overwiew, weekly estimate??) per MD80 = 18870+265720= 284590?

Has I understand it right?

Thanks=)

Sigma

• Former member
Re: Fleet commonality
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »
While you do have it correct, it's worth nothing that the description of the engine commonality costs is wrong.

It is not $1,660,596 PER month PER engine as it says.  It is $1,660,596 per month for ALL your JT8D-217A engines.  So that number, divided by 4, is what you pay per week for engine maintenance.

Plane commonality costs are just as it says $23,383,400 per month for that entire fleet of 88 x MD-80s.  

So, you are correct, it is costing you $284,590 per MD-80 per month in direct maintenance costs.  So roughly $70,000 per week.

All costs related to maintenance, including commonality costs of your aircraft and your engines, along with your Check costs, are all included in the "Aircraft Maintenance" line item on your income sheet.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:47:05 PM by Sigma »

Online schlaf

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 07:58:55 PM »
Thanks for responding=)

So for exemple, my dear 747 (i got only one...=) )

Does it cost me 4 million per month.. That will be approx 1 million per week..

This is the weekly finanial view of that plane:

Do i lose approx 600 000 per week on this plane?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:08:59 PM »
Yeah, if it is the only 747 in your fleet, you are losing a bundle on it.  It is better to just let it go and replace it with something you already have in your fleet.

BTW, it is not just the charge that shows up under 747 that you are paying.  It is increasing the fleet commonality fees of your other aircraft.  Once you let that one go, you will see maintenance charges of your other fleet groups drop.

Online schlaf

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »
wow, it droped alot.. Why did it drop like that just becourse the 747?.. By leting that plane go, i saved 9million per week..

Is that becourse I had too many diffrent types of plane?..
How many diffrent plane is optimal?.. Will it drop futher if I remove another type aswell?

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 09:37:19 PM »
wow, it droped alot.. Why did it drop like that just becourse the 747?.. By leting that plane go, i saved 9million per week..

How many diffrent plane is optimal?.. Will it drop futher if I remove another type aswell?

It goes up with each type of plane, but the move from 3 to 4 types is several times the amount from 2 to 3, and from 1 to 2 is small.  Each above that has a pretty big jump too, but I think there's certain ones that are particularly big.  I never get above 3 to tell you just how expensive they get though.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 05:06:47 AM »

To give you an idea of how the game treats things, suppose the following scenarios:

20 planes, 1 type = 2M commonality costs

40 planes, 2 types (20 each) = 4M commonality costs per type (totalling 8M)

etc...

There are thresholds that control that multiplier - the first 2 types usually aren't bad, nor is the third, but when you hit number 4, it really starts to jump.

Another note, for the route pages, it only includes variable costs.  Commonality is a "fixed" cost and really only shows on the income statement bundled with variable maint (i.e. A/B/C/D checks). For the aircraft page snippet you posted with the financial forecast, that only includes costs that the simulation can directly attribute to the plane, thus, C/D checks are excluded, staff salary/training is excluded and the prorated amount of commonality costs are excluded.

The financial system is due for an overhaul and its on Sami's docket to address.  I think players find it frustrating that all of their planes are showing a "profit" on the my aircraft page, but their airline as a whole is losing money hand over fist (basically they're not covering their fixed costs of doing business).  It should be more clearly articulated.

Online schlaf

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »
Yeah, im one of those people that finds that frustrating...=)

Thanks everyone, now I think i know a lot more about fleet commonality.. Even if it is a jungle=)

Online schlaf

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 06:32:27 PM »

I found one more question inside my head...=)

Will this mean that all Embraer135, Embraer140 and Embraer145-aircrafts is in the same "commonality-group" and I can mixed them like crasy without my cost fly be skyhigh?

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »
You are correct.

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.