Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Mergers  (Read 638 times)

Offline Posller

• Members
[-] Mergers
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »
Mergers - Be able to merge two airlines you have been running simultaneously in the same game. It would cost twice the credits - but would open up new possibilities and give more to do early game.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:46:43 AM by sami »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Mergers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »
Mergers - Be able to merge two airlines you have been running simultaneously in the same game. It would cost twice the credits - but would open up new possibilities and give more to do early game.

I don't think you can run 2 airlines in the same game.

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »
You can't have more than one airline in one game world.

However, I'd like to see merger possibility. If you don't want to or can't manage your airline (for whatever reason), it would be great if you could just "sell" it to another airline. I had to do that once with profitable airline and it was pitty that I had to give up all my work and close it.

Only problem is that I don't know how would one pay for it (credits are not good idea).

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:20:35 AM »
I believe mergers have been discussed before but how about a system like this?:

Player A runs out of credits/bankrupts.  His airline, instead of being deleted, is put into a sort of 'temporary suspension' for a set amount of time (let's say, 90 in-game days for example) and is placed on a list of airlines "for sale".  Player B happens to be in the same region/country, and he comes along and takes a look at said list of "suspended airlines" in his region.  He sees Player A's old airline and notices it has some valuable routes/slots as well as good fleet commonality with his own fleet.  He decides that he wants to acquire player A's old airline, and purchases it (or bids for it??) which causes the game system to transfer all of the assets and employees to Player B's airline.

Thoughts?

AAL558

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »
I believe mergers have been discussed before but how about a system like this?:

Player A runs out of credits/bankrupts.  His airline, instead of being deleted, is put into a sort of 'temporary suspension' for a set amount of time (let's say, 90 in-game days for example) and is placed on a list of airlines "for sale".  Player B happens to be in the same region/country, and he comes along and takes a look at said list of "suspended airlines" in his region.  He sees Player A's old airline and notices it has some valuable routes/slots as well as good fleet commonality with his own fleet.  He decides that he wants to acquire player A's old airline, and purchases it (or bids for it??) which causes the game system to transfer all of the assets and employees to Player B's airline.

Thoughts?

Definitely. It should also give Player B enough time to restock on Credits.
+1

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:14:09 PM »
We should also be able to sell a majority stake in your airline if you go into a bankruptcy you don't think you can recover from, so if company A get's a bankruptcy warning and tries everything but can't do ANYTHING without those precious dollars he doesn't have, he could sell off a majority stake in his airline in return for money. Company B has a colossal amount of extra money, and decides he wants to be nice and save an airline he's been watching deteriorate over the past few months. He invests, say, 100m USD into the airline to get rid of any loans he might have, and then pays however much money company A is in debt by, with a little extra left-over for some leeway in terms of getting the airline back and running again. This will not count as any loan, as it's completely up to company B to decide whether he wants to do this or not. Company A should also be able to sell off his airline, like was stated by etherealsky. If work/school commitments come up, or he just simply runs out of credits and is not bothered to get more, or whatever the reason is for wanting to sell of the airline, company B can also pay the net value of company A to buy out the airline completely, and the airline will now be part of company B's. If the owner of company A does eventually come back and wants to exercise the option of taking his airline back, free of charge of course, he can do so, and company A will now be a separate airline again. Of course, it requires you to join the game again and pay the weekly charge of being in the game, so you can always repeat the same as what happened earlier, where you run out of credits and another airline can take over your company once again. :P How does that sound to everyone? :)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »
We should also be able to sell a majority stake in your airline if you go into a bankruptcy you don't think you can recover from, so if company A get's a bankruptcy warning and tries everything but can't do ANYTHING without those precious dollars he doesn't have, he could sell off a majority stake in his airline in return for money. Company B has a colossal amount of extra money, and decides he wants to be nice and save an airline he's been watching deteriorate over the past few months. He invests, say, 100m USD into the airline to get rid of any loans he might have, and then pays however much money company A is in debt by, with a little extra left-over for some leeway in terms of getting the airline back and running again. This will not count as any loan, as it's completely up to company B to decide whether he wants to do this or not. Company A should also be able to sell off his airline, like was stated by etherealsky. If work/school commitments come up, or he just simply runs out of credits and is not bothered to get more, or whatever the reason is for wanting to sell of the airline, company B can also pay the net value of company A to buy out the airline completely, and the airline will now be part of company B's. If the owner of company A does eventually come back and wants to exercise the option of taking his airline back, free of charge of course, he can do so, and company A will now be a separate airline again. Of course, it requires you to join the game again and pay the weekly charge of being in the game, so you can always repeat the same as what happened earlier, where you run out of credits and another airline can take over your company once again. :P How does that sound to everyone? :)

Cheers,
ICEcold

The only problem would be that if Airline B becomes part of Airline A completely, there could be up to 8 bases in the new airline.  That would be an unfair monopoly.  But maybe just an asset buyout is possible, buying out all the aircraft and cash.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 04:13:32 AM »
not really. that's just how RL works. ;) the new Delta-Northwest merger. ALL of NWA's hubs are now part of Delta's long list. the United-Continental merger....exact same scenario. It's how it works with mergers. I agree, there should be a limit as to how many aircraft and such, but you should still be able to do that. ;)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 03:07:01 PM »
not really. that's just how RL works. ;) the new Delta-Northwest merger. ALL of NWA's hubs are now part of Delta's long list. the United-Continental merger....exact same scenario. It's how it works with mergers. I agree, there should be a limit as to how many aircraft and such, but you should still be able to do that. ;)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Yeah, you're right about real life, and that is how it should work.  However, there's always going to be that person who runs to sami: "Why does my competitor get 8 bases?!  I think that's no fair!"

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 03:23:49 PM »
 :-\ forgot about that...maybe we could announce it in big letters? :P

Cheers,
ICEcold

Offline Alien

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 12:12:46 PM »
There is no way, Sami will allow that, as it opens a backdoor for "Doubleaccountholders" to change their illegal Doubleaccount for a Singleaccount. Just imagine the advantage, if You can plan that.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.