Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: high density seating  (Read 623 times)

mikk_13

• Former member
high density seating
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:30:45 AM »
Hi has anyone tried to have all high density seating config for all aircraft.

I have been looking around the web and found that most carriers are packing as many people as they can into jets. For example, most 738s have 180 people on board.

In airways sim everyone has to use standard but this on flights of more then 2 hours is bad.

So I am wondering what happens when i change all configs to high density considering most flights are 5-6hours.

Sigma

• Former member
Re: high density seating
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:43:51 AM »
Pax in AWS will accept high-density seating for up to about 3 hours, then they look for alternatives.  But if you're alone on the route you probably won't notice that big of a difference for a 5hr flight.

Just find a route that you've got 2 otherwise identical planes on and change one to high-density seating and see what happens to your LF.  Or, really, rather than focusing on LF actually look at the number of seats sold; since, with more seats, you could actually get a lower LF but still sell more seats.

mikk_13

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 09:15:05 AM »
so in the real world i guess no one would fly condor, qantas, jetstar, delta or any airline for legs of more than 3 hours.

All these airlines are using seat pitch of about 30-32"

Curse

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:25:04 AM »
In reality people also would fly at 3am if this is the only flight instead of do not flying.  :)

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 02:13:07 PM »
I used to use all HD seating for Long and Super-Long Hauls... I had B744 all HD via china to Sydney... lowered prices by ~100-150$ and had a full plane... but as soon, as you have opponency on these routes using standard, your planes get empty unless you go extremely cheap... those days you could have gone LHR-JFK for 200$, due to the high density... I now use all Standard, but I try to avoid premium (except if I need range)

Jona L.

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »
so in the real world i guess no one would fly condor, qantas, jetstar, delta or any airline for legs of more than 3 hours.

All these airlines are using seat pitch of about 30-32"

I didn't say no one would fly, I said they'd look for alternatives.  If there are none, most will still continue to fly.  Not all of them though.  Some people when faced with an uncomfortable trip just won't make it or they'll drive instead.

The demand figures are the demand if you meet their standard needs/wants.  If you're providing super-high pricing, your demand is less, super-low pricing will net more.  If you're providing bad seating on long flights, your demand table would actually shift downwards.  

In reality people also would fly at 3am if this is the only flight instead of do not flying.  Smiley

Some people would, yes.  And some people will still fly with you at 3am in AWS.  But not every single person in that demand chart absolutely, positively, had to fly.  That is only the demand projections of what demand could be if you met all their needs and wants.  If you don't meet some of them, then the demand is less.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:39:14 PM by Sigma »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.