Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Advertisement  (Read 692 times)

Timothi

• Former member
[ok] Advertisement
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:47:03 PM »
When you start off airline, it would be stange if you schedule your first flight, give it the right price and have a load of 100% :o

That would make it really easy. Maybe you need to keep up your airlines 'image'. So you need to invest into advertisement to make sure passengers choose your airline.

For starting airline you can say that there image is 75%. And every day you do not advertise your image is dropping with 1 to 5 procent (depents on the cash your airlines has). The more cash your airline has, the prices of advertisement are going up. So small airlines can increase there image with 5% for €100,000. While large airlines can increase there image with 5% for €10,000,000 (not really realistic advertisement prices, but it is an example).

Think an advertisement system also prevents airlines of becomming hudge cashcows, cause you always need to spend money to keep your 'image' high..
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:40:54 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Advertisement
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 10:30:06 AM »
Yep, all true, the advertising module and company image are being built. Also a route specific image too.

I believe an airline may use about 10-15% to advertising. Have to check my stats but at least for one airline I've used as reference the sums were surprisingly high.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 10:33:22 AM by sami »

Offline Seattle

• Members
Re: Advertisement
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 07:02:54 PM »
remember, general service, seats, and on time flights also has to be included.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.