Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] used market for alliance only  (Read 740 times)

mikk_13

• Former member
[-] used market for alliance only
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »
Something simple.

To build the benefit of being in an alliance maybe you can create an alliance used market. At the moment you have to wait until the other person is online etc and then refresh the page to swap aircraft.

It sounds simple enough to do right?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:50:23 PM by sami »

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Re: used market for alliance only
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:48:28 AM »
+1

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »
+2

Running a good alliance should have real benifits, shifting capacity back and forth would be a good start!

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »
sorry, going to go -1 on this one.

This is WAY too open for alliance abuse.  You can have a couple of players dominating their respective airports virtually giving away planes to their alliance players.

This is fine for an alliance challenge but not cool for any normal game.

In order to do this, there must be a minimum amount you can sell planes for.  Perhaps 90% of value?

Offline Kazari

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:31:55 PM »
I agree. And I'm sorry. -1

mikk_13

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 10:18:29 PM »
sorry, going to go -1 on this one.

This is WAY too open for alliance abuse.  You can have a couple of players dominating their respective airports virtually giving away planes to their alliance players.

This is fine for an alliance challenge but not cool for any normal game.

In order to do this, there must be a minimum amount you can sell planes for.  Perhaps 90% of value?

Your point? If you want the benefits join an alliance. If a big player can get an order with 25% off, well then why can't the rest of the alliance benefit from that?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »
it is VERY simple.  Say someone has DOMINATED a major airport like HK or LHR....  they are making MAD money beyond comprehension.   I can buy a new plane every week and I am flying out of Mexico City.  I can only imagine what my alliance mate is doing with 75% of loads out of HK.  

25% isnt the problem. That's pittance with what a major airline can afford.

All this leading player has to do is then BUY every normal type of a/c and sell them to their alliance for as little as they choose.   They will then help the other airline so much that they will then be able to purchase tons of a/c on their own.   In the end it is like one giant airline with many players.  NOT FAIR/FUN for anyone NOT in the leading group.

This will imbalance the game way too much.  

Sorry, my -1 stands.  
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:36:47 PM by swiftus27 »

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:56:18 PM »
I'll throw a -1 out there AND a wet blanket on it?

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 12:18:46 AM »
This comes up all the time and it was a bad idea before and still one now.  And sami's spoken on the subject before as well.

Even with some sort of minimal sale value on a plane it's a bad idea as even a meager 10% competitive advantage over your competition is a huge advantage in a tight market.  A bigger issue is that with available closed markets, the global Used market will end up with less aircraft for sale (especially decent aircraft), which will greatly inhibit the growth of those entering the game and/or those not playing in an alliance.

And you can't just say "If you want the benefits join an alliance."  Joining an Alliance is not, should not, and will not (per sami) be anything close to a requirement in order to play the game fully or competitively.  Sami has reiterated numerous times that an Alliance will never provide any appreciable competitive benefit to its members.  They are meant to be social groups only and that is quite likely all they will ever be.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:44 AM »
with a maybe +5% to your load factors... maybe....

mikk_13

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 02:56:51 PM »
Ok so after all that, what is the difference at the moment?

At the moment we just wait until each other is online and then we quickly take the aircraft off the market. So I still get/give a discount.

I am not suggesting that you can sell your alliance jets for $1. I just don't want to have to wait until someone is online etc to give alliance members planes, and then refresh the page until the plane pops up.

I think a reasonable approach to this would be to have an alliance market or an option to offer an airline a plane, and this would be counted under the limitations of the normal used market.

I have played a similar game to this that has this option and what you have said did not happen.

mikk_13

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »
A bigger issue is that with available closed markets, the global Used market will end up with less aircraft for sale (especially decent aircraft), which will greatly inhibit the growth of those entering the game and/or those not playing in an alliance.

I can't see that happening. I am looking at the used market now and there are not many ac offered by airlines anyway. Most are through the computer brokers. If this is going to be a major problem just put a limited on the amount of time the aircraft will be on the alliance market. For example make it a real day and then it is removed.

The update to the ordering system basically reduced the amount of aircraft offered by airlines anyway since now it takes much longer to obtain new aircraft, so people are less likely to get rid of any fleet as they know they can not easily replace.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »
Mikk, I am all in for being a used plane lessor.  I have TONS of planes on order in MT2 that I dont plan on flying ever.  They just seem to move.... that is except for the MD9030s.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »
Being a plane lessor doesn't make anywhere near the returns as flying them does. I tried this out pretty extensively in Jet Age. Given that, the only benefit would be to provide cheap planes to alliance members as you dont' make money on them for your own airline (even if you're leasing at max value).

Mikk, I am all in for being a used plane lessor.  I have TONS of planes on order in MT2 that I dont plan on flying ever.  They just seem to move.... that is except for the MD9030s.

Thats always such a shame... I'd take an MD90 over a 737 or A320 series any day... Oh well.. more for me

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 03:37:24 AM »
hasn't this been chewed though many times?
I didn't read all the texting, but in the end it ALWAYS came out to be a feature requested, but not being added...
so:
-1 for the uncompetative way
-1 for not accepting the "no"
-1 for being too lazy to just make a fixed time when to "transfer" the plane...
-----
in conclusion: -3 from me :-\

Jona L.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 04:50:19 PM »
Alliance market will not be made, but perhaps at some point a "private sale" feature can be considered, which could be used for this too but also for other purposes. But for now there won't be any changes to a/c systems

Talentz

• Former member
Re: [-] used market for alliance only
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 02:04:16 AM »
Private sale under the same rules we currently have would be the best "in the middle option".

I can see that happening without too many additional problems we already face.

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.