Alliance Challenge - information and subscription

Started by Sami, August 02, 2010, 02:26:55 PM

LostInBKK

Quote from: NorgeFly on August 15, 2010, 01:39:03 PM
As it's an alliance challenge, surely it is best that the alliances decide who bases where (when the private forums open) so that the alliance has the best chance of winning. There is no point having the weakest player in the alliance based at LHR or JFK just because they have bought it with credits.

I completely agree with that NorgeFly but there is also no point having the 7 strongest players there and then two drop out, which would really impact their Alliances.

Cheers

Lost

NorgeFly

Quote from: LostInBKK on August 15, 2010, 01:42:12 PM
I completely agree with that NorgeFly but there is also no point having the 7 strongest players there and then two drop out, which would really impact their Alliances.

Cheers

Lost

You're absolutely right and maybe some alliances will just stay clear of LHR altogether as it's always the first airport to be locked up. But those who base there know that and will just have to deal with it as I don't believe there would be a fair way to restrict the number of airlines at any particular airport in this type of game.

LostInBKK

Quote from: NorgeFly on August 15, 2010, 01:45:21 PM
You're absolutely right and maybe some alliances will just stay clear of LHR altogether as it's always the first airport to be locked up. But those who base there know that and will just have to deal with it as I don't believe there would be a fair way to restrict the number of airlines at any particular airport in this type of game.

I for one will certainly be no where near LHR, ATL or ORD due to the reasons you have listed above.

Cheers

Lost

Talentz

Ahh... I feel the tension rising, the fun is close at hand.

NA and Euroland is fine with me.

Question though: Are we following standard AWS rules or do we have special rules for Alliance Challenge? This can greatly impact how we plan to kill .. compete with one another.

Talentz

Curse

I think North America and Europe are no good idea.

Too much airports need demand from other areas, so for example Los Angeles is nearly useless while JFK would be much better than normal.

Also 150 player for two continents? Too easy for an Alliance Challenge.

Why not making an Euro Challenge out of it?

Maybe with no basing at Top8 or Top10 international airports.

However, for me personally everything will ok, I'm sure I can deal with the situation, but Europe and North America sounds very imbalanced to me.

T8KE0FF

Quote from: Curse on August 15, 2010, 02:11:42 PM
I think North America and Europe are no good idea.

Too much airports need demand from other areas, so for example Los Angeles is nearly useless while JFK would be much better than normal.

Also 150 player for two continents? Too easy for an Alliance Challenge.

Why not making an Euro Challenge out of it?

Maybe with no basing at Top8 or Top10 international airports.

However, for me personally everything will ok, I'm sure I can deal with the situation, but Europe and North America sounds very imbalanced to me.

Were not all as good as you :laugh:

I think NA, Europe and North Africa will do just fine. :)

LostInBKK

Quote from: T8KE0FF on August 15, 2010, 02:14:28 PM

I think NA, Europe and North Africa will do just fine. :)

Completely agree with this, the best players will go to the larger airports and hopefully this will allow the less able players to have some fun in the smaller airports.

The point about the west coast and east coast of the US is a valid point and has been mentioned. The only way I can see to fix that is to bring Asia in to the game and thus give the west coast the access to all that traffic.

Cheers
Lost

NorgeFly

Quote from: Talentz on August 15, 2010, 02:08:45 PM
Ahh... I feel the tension rising, the fun is close at hand.

NA and Euroland is fine with me.

Question though: Are we following standard AWS rules or do we have special rules for Alliance Challenge? This can greatly impact how we plan to kill .. compete with one another.

Talentz

I think standard rules should apply - I am very much looking forward to this game  ;D

powi

Standard rules include

The most important rule about alliance game behaviour is that alliances are not allowed to perform any coordinated alliance-wide schemes or attacks against other single airlines or other alliances or their member airlines. Alliance airlines may not target deliberately the routes of single other airline / alliance with an effort of pushing them out of the market or forcing to bankruptcy.

Basicly the same is said about actions of a single airline.

Are these rules in effect?

I think that slot hoggin should be banned and 200% of capacity/or one flight per day (per Alliance!) rule enforced, but otherwise no limits to competition.

NorgeFly

I hope standard rules apply! The aim of the game is to come out on top as the "best" alliance. But frankly, I wouldn't want to be part of an alliance who gain that title by means of bullying, cheating, flooding routes and generally uncompetitive tactics.

The "best" alliance will be the one that can grow and develop into a World power within the rules and without sinking to underhand tactics. WorldLink play by the rules and personally I wouldn't be interested in playing if it was just going to descend into a race to the bottom.

Curse

Slot hogging banned? That's cool, because to be honest I'm planning an all prop aircraft out of Heathrow.

(Yes, I'm serious.)  ;D

Maarten Otto

And how would one forbid to hog the slots? Just by saying that F50's are not allowed to fly to Heathrow? Then a system that automatically bans these types of ac should be implemented. Which can't be done so cloase to the start of a game world.

NorgeFly

It would be unfair to ban small aircraft from any airport as this is unrealistic. E145's and F50's have been used to keep slots at LHR in real life and while it might annoy some of the other airline's who would love the slots to fly a 747, it's basically tough luck. Once an airline has a slot, it belongs to them as long as they continue to use it and can use whatever aircraft they choose. If someone wants to fly LHR-CDG every 15 mins with an E145, why should they be prevented from doing so?

Maarten Otto

Slot hogging is part of the game, just like death and taxes.

powi

Slot hoggin rules from the game manual:

Player / airline is not allowed to use unfair tactics with the aim of being able to control more slots than the airline operation requires. This means that the airline may not continuously switch between aircraft or routes in a way that slots that would otherwise expire are kept under the control of the airline.

The airline is also forbidden to acquire aircraft and route them so that the only purpose is to get airport slots and preserve them for future use. In practise this would mean routing aircraft to airports and routes that provide no profit, or by clearly oversupplying the estimated pax demand, and later switching the routes to other airports when more suitable aircraft equipment is available.

Jona L.

Quote from: Curse on August 15, 2010, 10:17:57 AM
The Blood Bath at Atlanta won't last very long. I will take care of it.  ;D

Sure, boy? I'll be right in your back there!

Jona L.

Quote from: T8KE0FF on August 15, 2010, 02:14:28 PM

Curse is not that good... he admitted to me privately, that he just has luck ;)

Curse

Yb

ICEcoldair881

Quote from: Yb on August 15, 2010, 04:37:15 PM
Cut Asia out. No Asia. NO ASIA!

PRO-ASIA! Why would we cut Asia out if that's one of the biggest markets in the world!?! That's like saying - I don't think China will need a lot of food and water, after all they don't just have the BIGGEST POPULATION IN THE WORLD.... :-\