Alliance Challenge - information and subscription

Started by Sami, August 02, 2010, 02:26:55 PM

Maarten Otto

154 players spread over 2 continents... Not a hard game at all if you survived Euro challenge twice.  ;D

T8KE0FF

Quote from: Jona L. on August 15, 2010, 12:55:09 AM
I guess better not to put him president ;D :P

Don't take it personal, Greig, dude ;)

Jona L.

Spokesperson. ;)

LostInBKK

Quote from: Maarten Otto on August 15, 2010, 09:07:01 AM
154 players spread over 2 continents... Not a hard game at all if you survived Euro challenge twice.  ;D

MMMMM I guess that means we are going to have to be very careful about where we start our airlines.

I can see ATL, ORD and LHR becoming blood baths as these airports are the largest, the fighting there will be the most intense.

Just like real life, I guess.

Cheers
LostInBKK (President in Waiting)

T8KE0FF

Quote from: LostInBKK on August 15, 2010, 10:04:12 AM
MMMMM I guess that means we are going to have to be very careful about where we start our airlines.

I can see ATL, ORD and LHR becoming blood baths as these airports are the largest, the fighting there will be the most intense.

Just like real life, I guess.

Cheers
LostInBKK (President in Waiting)

We will have to plan very carefully when the alliance forums open! Im in your alliance - look forward to working with you, sir. ;D

Curse

The Blood Bath at Atlanta won't last very long. I will take care of it.  ;D

LostInBKK

Quote from: Curse on August 15, 2010, 10:17:57 AM
The Blood Bath at Atlanta won't last very long. I will take care of it.  ;D

I thought you were the King of LAX??? I cant wish you good luck in ATL as you are not part the Alliance I am in.

Cheers
Lost

LostInBKK

Quote from: T8KE0FF on August 15, 2010, 10:10:51 AM
We will have to plan very carefully when the alliance forums open! Im in your alliance - look forward to working with you, sir. ;D

Yeah as soon as the Forum is open then the Alliances can start to plan for the game. All good fun.  ;D

Cheers

Lost

Sami

Well, any thoughts on the player number vs. available areas/airports?  To me still sounds OK as EU/NA are the two biggest areas in terms of airports and pax demands, and we did run EU challenge and such stuff with around 100-150 players too (= single continent).

Thanks for the list powi. I will have to check for duplicates on that and create the forums tonight once back home (forums open ... let's say at about 20 UTC, unless some problems).

If there are two players assigned to two alliances (heard there are some?), then he will be assigned to the first alliance he has been reported to be a member (unless someone has already corrected this data via post in this thread or PM to me). So you may still wish to double check your participation if you've been in talks with two alliances.

T8KE0FF

Maybe north africa? Like Cairo, Algiers, Tunisia etc....?

NorgeFly

Perhaps the inclusion of Asia would be a good idea as it would allow airlines to fly both east and west from their hub, rather than being totally concentrated on trans-Atlantic routes. But, maybe airports in Asia could only be available as destinations and not as hubs, forcing everyone to base in Europe and North America as originally planned.

The problem with only including Europe and North America is that airports on the west coast of the US for example  will only be able to fly routes eastbound and airlines in Europe will be forced fly west bound. Including Asia would allow airlines in the game to have a more balanced network that isn't focused too heavily on trans-Atlantic which will likely become a blood bath.

SACEO

Quote from: NorgeFly on August 15, 2010, 12:48:33 PM
Perhaps the inclusion of Asia would be a good idea as it would allow airlines to fly both east and west from their hub, rather than being totally concentrated on trans-Atlantic routes. But, maybe airports in Asia could only be available as destinations and not as hubs, forcing everyone to base in Europe and North America as originally planned.

The problem with only including Europe and North America is that airports on the west coast of the US for example  will only be able to fly routes eastbound and airlines in Europe will be forced fly west bound. Including Asia would allow airlines in the game to have a more balanced network that isn't focused too heavily on trans-Atlantic which will likely become a blood bath.

I like this idea a lot.  x2

LostInBKK

Surely the first thing we need to work out is how a winning Alliance is going to be declared?

Cheers
LostinBKK

Sami

hmm, I think arranging that isn't possible technically at the present system. But can be done if everyone agrees to that rule, not to open a HQ/base there.

LostInBKK

Quote from: NorgeFly on August 15, 2010, 12:48:33 PM

If you are going to put Asia in it should be on the same level as Europe and North America.

I would also like to ask how is it going to be decided who goes in which airport. The reason I ask this is that 7 people in LHR as an example will be complete and utter carnage and could lead to people leaving the game and thus putting their Alliance at a disadvantage. Surely there should be a limit of the number of Airlines at each airport say 5 and that each Alliance picks in turn. This would be a lot fairer if you ask me. It would also make Alliances be clever as to where they place their airlines. Of course other people could read this and think its complete and utter rubbish  :P

Cheers

Lost

NorgeFly

Quote from: sami on August 15, 2010, 01:15:23 PM
hmm, I think arranging that isn't possible technically at the present system. But can be done if everyone agrees to that rule, not to open a HQ/base there.

In that case I suggest either Asia is open for hubs or not included at all as I am sure you will know from previous games, people just do not read the instructions properly and we would inevitably find several players with hubs in Asia even though they are not supposed to be there.

The other alternative is of course that you force them to relocate to Europe or North America if that is in fact the case??

T8KE0FF

Quote from: LostInBKK on August 15, 2010, 01:16:11 PM
If you are going to put Asia in it should be on the same level as Europe and North America.

I would also like to ask how is it going to be decided who goes in which airport. The reason I ask this is that 7 people in LHR as an example will be complete and utter carnage and could lead to people leaving the game and thus putting their Alliance at a disadvantage. Surely there should be a limit of the number of Airlines at each airport say 5 and that each Alliance picks in turn. This would be a lot fairer if you ask me. It would also make Alliances be clever as to where they place their airlines. Of course other people could read this and think its complete and utter rubbish  :P

Cheers

Lost

Maybe we can bid for the top 30 airports with credits?

LostInBKK

Quote from: T8KE0FF on August 15, 2010, 01:32:26 PM

Great Idea for Sami but not good for us if we have to buy them  :'(

Cheers

Lost

PS: There should also be a prize for the winning alliance. Like a gold cup appears in the airlines of the winning alliance.

type45

If cannot make Asia a destination only place, I think it should be just kept closed or fully open to players ;)

I have to agree that many people do not read the instructions properly(sometime include me......)

or we can restrict only numbers of players can be based at Asia per alliance or only can base at major airports with big demand to EU/NA? That means the game will be focus to EU and NA but not tons of players run to Asia for their own empire (well, I don't mind to do that  :P)

bid with credits will make the richest in real life can own the right, that's not fair to others, I don't think it is acceptable for many people

NorgeFly

Quote from: T8KE0FF on August 15, 2010, 01:32:26 PM

As it's an alliance challenge, surely it is best that the alliances decide who bases where (when the private forums open) so that the alliance has the best chance of winning. There is no point having the weakest player in the alliance based at LHR or JFK just because they have bought it with credits.