Simulation Difficulty

Started by orionmco, July 12, 2010, 09:07:49 PM

orionmco

Have there ever been any "Hard" games?  Have only seen medium and easy game worlds so far.   ???

Talentz

No, I don't think we've had a really hard game before. Don't think Sami is ready to pull that trigger just yet. With the amount of complaining from medium and easy games... not sure if the typical AWS player would be happy about it.

Some say North American Challenge was a hard rating... but it felt like any normal game to me. Personally the hardest game I've played was beta2. It was a very big change from beta1. Most of the features you see now were all new back then. Plus you were in an early era. (jet age). The first six months saw more then half of the players bankrupt. Good times!

- Talentz

Sigma

There have been a number of games rated "Hard" or "Very Hard".  North American Challenge was, I believe, initially rated "Very Hard" but it really only was if you were in a high-competition base to start with because the fuel prices went insane after about the 2nd year.  Then it got uber-easy because so many airlines BK'd during the relatively short fuel spike that you largely on your own if you made it and fuel got super cheap after that -- so 85% of the game was completely dead.

The first Jet Age games were rated Hard.  They were certainly a lot more difficult than the games are today, but I personally wouldn't call them "Hard".

The game comes down to whether or not you know how to play it or not.  And that has little to do with how good your are at business or anything like that.  Once you know how to game the game, all the worlds are super easy after that no matter what they're "rated" at because you can earn completely insane profit margins regardless.  Sure, you might be earning 20% margins in a "Hard" game rather than 45% in an "Easy" one, but it's still more money than you could ever possibly spend.