Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Low LF 22% but route does have a profit. Keep or Ditch?  (Read 465 times)

stevenf

• Former member
Low LF 22% but route does have a profit. Keep or Ditch?
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:50:33 PM »
Hi,

I'm very new to AirwaySim and have a question. I have a few routes that have a very low load factor something like 22% but still do give a profit of around $2000. Is it useful to keep the route or should I ditch it?

The route is a mid-night flight. Am I correct in thinking that it's better to have the plane in the air rather then on the ground even tho LF is low like 22%?

Thanks!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Low LF 22% but route does have a profit. Keep or Ditch?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »
If it is a new route then keep it, since the "pax awareness" of your service will raise over the months and then does the sales also. Meanwhile you can discount the prices a bit to attract more people onboard.

The route view profit does not include fixed costs like plane lease, crew & staff, marketing etc which do account up to 40-50% of your overall costs. Overall with <30% LF the route is not making profit yet.

stevenf

• Former member
Re: Low LF 22% but route does have a profit. Keep or Ditch?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:06:13 PM »
Thanks! It wasn't clear to me that the route view profit doesn't include fixed costs.

Keep up the good work!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.