Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] More hubs for Mr. baby airline  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
[ok] More hubs for Mr. baby airline
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »
Just a small idea,

The current hub limitation is set to 3 airports (Excluding your base)

Would it be a good idea to increase this to 5 or 9 (excluding your base) for airlines operating planes with max. 39 capacity? These airlines are the hardest to manage in the game (with the current game engine) and I think having more hubs then allowed for the bigger airlines would increase the number of players operating airlines with small AC's, would give them a better chance of survival and would definitely add a few new way's to play this game.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:32:17 PM by sami »

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: More hubs for Mr. baby airline
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:10:33 PM »
You know, I rarely +1 something, but this is a pretty good idea.

I might change it up though to not limit it to just players only operating 39-seat aircraft (which would be a pretty tiny subset of players), but rather allow every airline to open up additional "satellite" hubs at which you could only operate "Small"-type aircraft (to use a limitation already provided in the game, rather than arbitrarily picking "39 seats").  These hubs should also be a fair bit cheaper to open and to sustain.

Basically you could choose which type of base you wanted to establish.  And you could always change it later, but only up to a maximum of 3 "full" bases.  

It would still work primarily for those who only wished to operate only small aircraft, as anyone else would find adding in the additional fleet types would likely find operating tiny planes to be a money-losing option, but if a larger airline wanted to, I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to establish such an operation.  It could also act as a much-needed "Money Sink" for some of the larger airlines too.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 03:41:50 PM »
sigma comes to the rescue, as usual. ::) :laugh

+1. this idea is AWESOME! :D

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:18:19 PM »
+1

I like it.

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 05:34:35 AM »
+1!.  Excellent idea.  Maybe further develop it to include 70 pax a/c for a "mid" level.  There are still a LOT of unserviced airports with 50-70 demand.

GM
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 05:54:01 AM »
from none of my airlines would this be helpful. I support it but I'd have no use for it.
In MT2, Malaysia where my airline is based has no other big airports with demand significant of any kind.
In JA2, My airline in East Germany again has no need for bases as none of the other East German airfields have enough demand to warrant needing more bases. ABCBA style routes are better for the small class aircraft I would need to fly on these routes as that would be better than setting up a base that would only loose money.

Dookz

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 07:06:14 AM »
+1!.  Excellent idea.  Maybe further develop it to include 70 pax a/c for a "mid" level.  There are still a LOT of unserviced airports with 50-70 demand.

GM

Inclusion of Medium category would be nice since capacity can range from about 40 to 100 and operating at the low-end, you would have just missed out. So a "transition zone " would make sense I think. The amount of bases allowed for medium I guess would have to fall in the middle.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 06:36:12 AM »
+1 to this idea.

Some suggestions for implementing it:  There could be 4 types of bases:

1. Small: Only small aircraft can be based here.  Limit 20 aircraft.  Base cost (including overhead): 1/4 of current base cost
2. Medium: A/C up to medium category.  Limit 40 aircraft.  Base cost (including overhead): 1/2 of current base cost
3. Large: A/C up to large category.  Limit 80 aircraft.  Base cost identical to current cost
4. Very Large: All A/C allowed.  Limit 160 aircraft.  Base cost 2x of current cost.

Upgrades (and downgrades) of bases would be allowed.  Total bases allowed would be 8, 2 of each to be maxed out, but, for example, 8 small bases would be allowed. 

The idea would be for to keep small airlines from bankrupting themselves by opening new base that is way too expensive for them.  Starting small or medium base would let them test the waters before they are committed to something that may be terminal to their airlines.

For large airlines, it would be something to keep them entertained.

deltaboyswe92

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 01:34:55 AM »
+1
I really like the idea but I think it would be a good idea if instead of making the limit an amount of different kinds of bases I think it would be better that the size of your bases changes how many bases you can have.
Let's say you're based at LAX then you can't put up so many more bases like the bases have an sort of value or let's call it that it take a high amount of resources so a big airport takes a lot of resources and vice versa.
So if you put up an small base then you got a lot of "resources" left which you can spend on opening another base on another airport big or small.
See it like your CEO only got time for this much work and a big airport takes a lot of his time and a small airport little time.
This doesn't really work for everything since you maybe want just to have a few aircrafts at a big airport but it's an idea.

What do you guys think?

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 08:10:24 AM »
+1

Is it not so that you can only expand in your own country or is that only in beginners world? (not that far yet in Jet age). I would prefer that you can expend in the continent. Makes better spreading possible, it is dificult to open more basis lets say in Luxembourg.

Regards

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 08:41:39 AM »
You can expand in the same economic zone...

flydreamer

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »
It would be a good addition to the game if the staffing cost problem when opening new base has already been fixed or changed... :P

Because I don't want to spend USD5,000,000 addition on staffing cost just by opening a small hub for my 20 small aircrafts...

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »
It would be a good addition to the game if the staffing cost problem when opening new base has already been fixed or changed... :P

Because I don't want to spend USD5,000,000 addition on staffing cost just by opening a small hub for my 20 small aircrafts...

+5000

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »
Just +5000 ICEcold?   ;D

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 07:06:21 AM »
maaaaybe.  ;D I could go as high as +5001 if needed..... ;D

Offline Posller

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 05:52:53 PM »
Just deregulate it. As many bases as desired - Capitalism!

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »
Just deregulate it. As many bases as desired - Capitalism!

At any airport, with as many aircraft as you want...

But, IMO, costs for opening bases should be vary, depending on size of the base, so that it is financially feasible to open and operate smaller bases.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.