US-EU Open Skies

Started by RushmoreAir, June 25, 2010, 04:17:01 PM

wasgehtdichdasan

is this implemented in airwaysim?

Andre090904

Not in usual game worlds. There are, however, special "challenge" game worlds from time to time where players are allowed to open bases worldwide without geographic limits. I remember the "Long-Haul Challenge" or the "Regional Challenge".

Mort

Quote from: Andre090904 on February 16, 2019, 09:07:49 PM
Not in usual game worlds. There are, however, special "challenge" game worlds from time to time where players are allowed to open bases worldwide without geographic limits. I remember the "Long-Haul Challenge" or the "Regional Challenge".

Both the 80s Challenge and Cargo Challenge game worlds more recently had this feature too.

Andre090904

Good to know. I didn't play those.

dmoose42

Also, this agreement was more in reference to trans-atlantic routes - which already exists in AWS. The key thing that is not, is the basing of EU airlines in the US (and vice versa). (although to Mort's point, some short games have allowed basing anywhere.)

wasgehtdichdasan

Quote from: dmoose42 on February 16, 2019, 10:43:30 PM
Also, this agreement was more in reference to trans-atlantic routes - which already exists in AWS.

what exactly exits? If i british hq and open a base - i can fly to united states!?!?

Tha_Ape

Quote from: wasgehtdichdasan on February 16, 2019, 11:42:58 PM
what exactly exits? If i british hq and open a base - i can fly to united states!?!?

No, it was just that some routes were previously reserved to some airlines, so it was a step further down the deregulation. Now, its free fight (or the mafia).