Next game world schedules

Started by Sami, June 22, 2010, 04:56:26 PM

Sami

With this news we'll announce the launch of next two game worlds:

Beginner World scenario will start in two&half days from now, on this friday. The scenario is aimed only for beginners and is identical to previous beginner scenarios. The world will launch on Friday June 25th, at approximately 09 UTC.

The second game world is a full world open for all players. It will be titled The Jet Age and it starts in the 1960s which marks the end for the large propliners and future of first efficient jets. The scenario is roughly similar to the previous Jet Age world. This game world starts on Sunday June 27th, at about 18 UTC.

A third new game world is planned to the week after this (one one week after), and is "Alliance Challenge" where our experienced players can battle together. More (preliminary) information on this world can be found from the General section of our forums.

Remember also the other two open worlds, Modern Times and Air Travel Boom. Both have still opportunities for new airlines but you must remember to select your base airport carefully (airport size, other airlines, slots ..).

Have a nice summertime!

ICEcoldair881

look it up. ;) just so you know, though, you're 7 hours behind UTC. ;)

SACEO

I hope the Alliance Challenege isn't going to begin this weekend since there's a good chance that many people here in the US will be out of town because of the Independence Day Holiday (July 4th).  If possible, maybe start AC on Tuesday July 6th?

RushmoreAir

Quote from: GoGreenCEO on June 28, 2010, 07:24:09 PM
I hope the Alliance Challenege isn't going to begin this weekend since there's a good chance that many people here in the US will be out of town because of the Independence Day Holiday (July 4th).  If possible, maybe start AC on Tuesday July 6th?

I second this, as I will be out of town on the 4th.

Sami

SACEO

Quote from: sami on June 28, 2010, 08:53:35 PM
ok, this will be noted.

Thanks Sami.

Just for reference, other "less than favorable" game start weekends for your US-based customers would be (for this year):

The first weekend in September (4th-6th this year) - Labor Day

The week/weekend of the last Thursday in November (25th this year) - Thanksgiving

... these holidays are generally travel/out-of-town holidays for us (along with Memorial Day weekend which won't come around until the last weekend in May next year).

GDK

Every region got their holiday season at different time. If change to schedule because many people are out of town, then it won't be a good time to start the game the whole year. No offense, just opinion.

samomuransky

RushmoreAir

Quote from: GDK on June 29, 2010, 02:26:45 PM
Every region got their holiday season at different time. If change to schedule because many people are out of town, then it won't be a good time to start the game the whole year. No offense, just opinion.

Yes, although from AWS polls, about 1/3 of players are from the US.

ICEcoldair881

and 2/3 are not. ;) remember there are over 150 countries that don't celebrate ANY of the western holidays etc. ;)

Sigma

Quote from: ICEcold on June 30, 2010, 12:19:21 AM
and 2/3 are not. ;) remember there are over 150 countries that don't celebrate ANY of the western holidays etc. ;)

And about 3 billion people in the world could care less about Christmas either.  Doesn't mean it'd be a good idea to start a game that day though.

Sami's running a business.  And when fully 1/3rd of your customers aren't likely to be able to take part in something you're planning, that's something that you may want to know ahead of time.  Someone was just giving him a kindly heads-up.  It's his decision whether he wants to do something with that or not.  No need for everyone to get their panties in a wad because they weren't considered too.  if you think he might actually care about when Slovakia's Independence Day is, and you see he's got something planned for that day, you're free to say something at the time too.

SACEO

Quote from: Sigma on June 30, 2010, 02:09:22 AM
And about 3 billion people in the world could care less about Christmas either.  Doesn't mean it'd be a good idea to start a game that day though.

Sami's running a business.  And when fully 1/3rd of your customers aren't likely to be able to take part in something you're planning, that's something that you may want to know ahead of time.  Someone was just giving him a kindly heads-up.  It's his decision whether he wants to do something with that or not.  No need for everyone to get their panties in a wad because they weren't considered too.  if you think he might actually care about when Slovakia's Independence Day is, and you see he's got something planned for that day, you're free to say something at the time too.

;)

;D

samomuransky

It's 1st January if you ask :D I'm not saying that sami shouldn't care about holidays in the US, I just think that if we all start posting days when it's not comfortable for us we wouldn't be able to start game (btw, you are going on holiday without laptop? Setting up airline, incl. first routes takes less than 45 minutes) ;) Of course, it would be strange if he started game on Christmas which we all celebrate (at least most of AirwaySim users do).

Just opinion..

ICEcoldair881

Quote from: Sigma on June 30, 2010, 02:09:22 AM
No need for everyone to get their panties in a wad because they weren't considered too. 

:laugh: :laugh: I live in Canada so I technically would be considered part of the Americans as the only difference in our holidays are the order in which they occur. ;D we still have "holidays" on both our and the United States' holidays, so every holiday they're away, we are too. ;)

LostInBKK

Any news on the Alliance game?

Cheers
Lost