Alliance Challenge game world - Participation query

Started by Sami, June 13, 2010, 01:51:04 PM

Sami

Our long-time users have proposed a custom game world to be set up, which I'd be happy to do if we can confirm the participation. Title is Alliance Challenge, or Challenge of Alliances. The name tells it all. There would be max. 25 members from each Alliance competing directly against each others as alliances, as well as individual airlines.

This world would be open only for members of present AirwaySim alliances. In other words if there is an active alliance in any game world and you are (or have been) a member of it, you'd could join this world. You will be "tied" to that alliance for the duration of this game world and all members of the same alliance would co-operate as a team, like presently, and we'd see who makes out the most of this. And I believe some sort of small scoring system would be also fun for this, and winning alliance could have a small prize too?

If there is enough interest, from at least 4 different alliances and min. of ~90 players at least, this world could be set up. But before we could proceed we'd need "firm" sign-ups from the alliances and their members. Each alliance would be represented by one user towards me, and that user would coordinate all joining members from his alliance (namelist is required to be submitted for me to allow them to join the world). It would be of course difficult to gather so many "committed" players before the world is launched, but here I would leave the ball to the court of the alliance managers (take up the idea in your private alliance forum .. etc).

Scenario of the world would be for example two selected continents, and possibly also so that basing would be only allowed on major airports to enhance competition. Exact details can be agreed later on if this world will be confirmed.

So - interested alliances/players, please talk/discuss here.

Note:  This is only a "small" scenario and sort of semi-private world requested by active users. There will be of course another full & public game world for everyone too. Details of that later.

MunMaRu

It's a good game one ! but there's a lot of alliance in many game world. What is your criteria.  :-\

Seattle

Founder of the Star Alliance!

Talentz

Quote from: MunMaRu on June 13, 2010, 02:08:16 PM
It's a good game one ! but there's a lot of alliance in many game world. What is your criteria.  :-\

Criteria for participation would be gathering 25 members from your respective alliance to play in this new game world. As Sami stated, exact details will be worked on later. For now, how many Alliances with at least 25 members would be interested in signing up? I can think of 3 firm commitments.

As Seattle said, Star strongly supports all efforts for this new and exciting idea.

Talentz

Sami

Each alliance does not have to have that max 25 members, they can go with smaller amount too. But minimum ~15.

Talentz

Well I didn't want to impose.... but min 15 players would cover just about every Alliance in AWS, should they be interested ..  8)

- Talentz

ICEcoldair881

WorldLink managing members are thrilled that this type of competition has been opened! All members, present and past, of WorldLink have shown a lot of interest towards this type of game, including members of the Air Travel Boom gameworld (see picture above). We at WorldLink wish everyone a "Good Luck" in ATB and MT2 gameworlds, and hope everyone does well in the possible Alliance Challenge game. :)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Secondary PR Manager

Gaius Marius

Brilliant!  I'm in and I will poll Open Skies members to see if there is enough interest.

Gaius Marius
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

Speedbump Joey

The members of the United Globe Alliance have expressed interest to participate in this challenge.

LostInBKK

Jona where are you, Mega Fly World needs to be in this??

Cheers
Lost

Jona L.

MegaFly Worldwide is also in this game :) though we do not have a static number of >15players to take place... ~8-9 are definete, but the rest is still to be found...

Jona L.
In representation for MFW alliance

Jona L.

Sigma

As one of the larger designated "Free Agents", I think this is a pretty good idea.

If I could get jest, JonesyUK, and chapelhillnews onboard we might could bring back SkyNet.

psw231

To take a step further, I have been talking to many of the real world Canadian players in an attempt to form an alliance of only Canadian players. It would be fun to have a full world game with national alliance competition at some point.

psw231

Oh, and if any of the alliances that are commited to this game would be looking for another member I would be very interested in switching over as I would not want to participate in this with my current ATB alliance. PM me.

NorgeFly

WorldLink in ATB already has at least 11 players signed up to the idea and we're working on more.

chapelhillnews

I can go for this one. It sounds interesting and stressful :)

ICEcoldair881

chapelhillnews

LOL - This game always stresses me out, but i also enjoy it. I'm too competitive :)