Advice - Changing 185+ routes to another plane

Started by MattDell, June 10, 2010, 08:42:18 PM

MattDell

I have 31 planes with ~5 routes each that I want to change from a Hawker-Siddeley to a DHC-8.  31 * 5 comes out to around 185... is there an easy way to go about modifying 185 routes?

I'm looking at a several hour commitment here.

-Matt

Yb

Sigma

Hopefully you're doing this is a modern browser that supports tabbed browsing and hopefully your planes have the same Turnaround times.

1>  Open your Scheduling screen.

2>  Go Across the schedule for the first plane, right-clicking each route, and opening it in a new tab.

3>  Go to each tab, select the new plane off the drop-down

4>  Go to each tab and submit (sometimes I do this at the same time as above, sometimes not, depends on fast the server's going)

5>  Do this for all planes

6>  Every 2-3 planes you do, go and add the routes to the new aircraft

Doing it with the above, you can knock out a single plane's schedule in somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds depending on how quick your connection is.  You should be able to knock out all your planes in about 30 minutes.

Be glad it's just 30 planes.  I once did it to over 200 F28s that I was upgrading to F100s, some of which had 6-7 routes each and some of which needed turnaround adjustments because I had cut it just too close.  I now almost always schedule planes with at least 60 minute turnarounds so that when the inevitable upgrade comes along the process is literally 10 times faster -- or even worse, it may not even be possible if the airport is full and your slots are moving around.

ICEcoldair881

Frogiton

Quote from: MattDell on June 10, 2010, 08:42:18 PM
I have 31 planes with ~5 routes each that I want to change from a Hawker-Siddeley to a DHC-8.  31 * 5 comes out to around 185... is there an easy way to go about modifying 185 routes?

I'm looking at a several hour commitment here.

-Matt

155 actually, so that's only 30 less!!

MattDell

Quote from: Sigma on June 10, 2010, 10:12:08 PM
Hopefully you're doing this is a modern browser that supports tabbed browsing and hopefully your planes have the same Turnaround times.

1>  Open your Scheduling screen.

2>  Go Across the schedule for the first plane, right-clicking each route, and opening it in a new tab.

3>  Go to each tab, select the new plane off the drop-down

4>  Go to each tab and submit (sometimes I do this at the same time as above, sometimes not, depends on fast the server's going)

5>  Do this for all planes

6>  Every 2-3 planes you do, go and add the routes to the new aircraft

Doing it with the above, you can knock out a single plane's schedule in somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds depending on how quick your connection is.  You should be able to knock out all your planes in about 30 minutes.

Be glad it's just 30 planes.  I once did it to over 200 F28s that I was upgrading to F100s, some of which had 6-7 routes each and some of which needed turnaround adjustments because I had cut it just too close.  I now almost always schedule planes with at least 60 minute turnarounds so that when the inevitable upgrade comes along the process is literally 10 times faster -- or even worse, it may not even be possible if the airport is full and your slots are moving around.

Yeah, that's a pretty painless method, Sigma.  Just did it and took me about 2 minutes for a plane.  I'm doing them as they come in, as well, so this might be a bit easier than I thought.

-Matt

MattDell

Quote from: Frogiton on June 10, 2010, 11:23:32 PM
155 actually, so that's only 30 less!!

Woooo!!!!!  ;D

Yeah, math was never my subject.  :-[

GDK

The method provided by sigma is very easy and in fact everyone is using that method. But sometime you need to look at the flight time because the speed of aircraft are different.