SALES

Started by N1EL, June 07, 2010, 07:51:10 AM

N1EL

Hi all,

I may have missed this or it may have been discussed before,

Would bit be possible to have sales on tickets.

with a similar way of selecting marketsing for flights you could choose to have a sale on tickets for certain routes for a certain time period or days, or you could have a company wide sale on tickets, you could even say have a sale on the first 20% or 30% of tickets sold on a flight.

This will in turn although selling tickets at a lower prices with increase your load factor and possible income on tickets??

Would it be possible to incorporate this?

mideg

You can do this manually, you know? Lower your prices for a given period of time and gain from the gigher LF and possibly more income (though of course also possibly less income...)

GDK

Just go to the price management and set whatever fare you like.

alexgv1

I think he is talking about dynamic ticket pricing... i.e. the first tickets sold (say first 10%) are cheaper than the standard price say if people buy the tickets in advance. Like when low cost carriers offer discounted tickets it is usually only on the first XX% of tickets on a route.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

GDK

Quote from: alexgv1 on June 08, 2010, 12:27:23 PM
I think he is talking about dynamic ticket pricing... i.e. the first tickets sold (say first 10%) are cheaper than the standard price say if people buy the tickets in advance. Like when low cost carriers offer discounted tickets it is usually only on the first XX% of tickets on a route.

That is nice but it will be a little too complicated, in AWS