Why am I waiting for my new aircraft order?

Started by losgatitospeligrosos, May 30, 2010, 04:36:27 AM

losgatitospeligrosos

Ordered a new Tupelov in the Beginner World game. There is a production backlog of 2 (1 from 1 other airline, and 1 from myself) and Tupelov can make 5 planes a month, yet I must wait 3 months for my order to arrive? Why would that be?

Curse

They must order parts etc. and this takes that much time.

Grimvisage

Quote from: losgatitospeligrosos on May 30, 2010, 04:36:27 AM
Ordered a new Tupelov in the Beginner World game. There is a production backlog of 2 (1 from 1 other airline, and 1 from myself) and Tupelov can make 5 planes a month, yet I must wait 3 months for my order to arrive? Why would that be?

Every aircraft size category has a minimum wait time to reflect the actual construction time required for that particular size of aircraft. Small is 1 month, medium is 2, large is 3, and very large is 4.

GDK

Quote from: Walker on May 30, 2010, 11:50:35 AM
Not enough ransom.... they are Russians they don't work for free ye know  ;)

So will the American or European work for free???

altmants

You ordered a Tupelov?

Stay away from Russian planes at all cost!

jest

Quote from: losgatitospeligrosos on May 30, 2010, 04:36:27 AM

The answer is:

You will have to wait some time before they can deliver the first unit, and that makes sense because even if they have the capacity, they would not build any plane unless they have orders. Then you will have to wait again because they will only deliver 1 plane a month, sometimes 2 even if your order is the only one in their system. Now this part is questionable at best.

auerbacs

Quote from: altmants on June 04, 2010, 01:29:38 PM
You ordered a Tupelov?

The modern Tupolevs, like the 204s, are very comparable to 757s. Granted they use more gas and maintenance costs more, but the lease cost is much less so it tends to balance out. They're good aircraft.

GDK

Quote from: altmants on June 04, 2010, 01:29:38 PM
You ordered a Tupelov?

Don't be too anti-Russians. Russian planes are cheap to get and flying fast. If you put if to a right route combination, they make perfect income. Of course, you need to get rid of them before the fuel price sky rocket. But they are always a good choice to earn fast cash on startup (only if you put it to the right routes) because you can get a lane with capacity of B757 or B767 with a price of B727.

losgatitospeligrosos

I joined a beginner world late in the game wanting fast expansion. And with fuel under 200 a unit, the extra burn is not a big concern. The Tupelovs have helped me get to #2 in Chicago despite joining Beginner world 50% into the game.

Would I buy Tupelovs in the Air Boom game in 2002 with the upcoming fuel spike? Probably not.