Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Used a/c reservation for new airlines  (Read 1162 times)

Dookz

• Former member
[-] Used a/c reservation for new airlines
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:40:08 PM »
The used market refreshes at regular intervals during the first 24 hours of the game allowing you to pick up the a/c of your choice or one you are satisfied with. After that, the intervals become random, and then you are on your own. Eventually these decent a/c that have been present in day 1 will eventually be bought out as airlines grow and can begin to lease their 2nd or 3rd aircraft lease.  If you start at a slightly later date (it could be that the game filled up fast), you may not have that same opportunity. Although one can sign a contract for a new lease, leasing used a/c will remain attractive for many. My simple suggestion is to have maybe a few a/cs (valuaed at 6mil or less in 4 months of downpayment) out of a dozen that enter the refreshed Used Market, be reserved for first time leasers (newly created airlines that don't have a single a/c in service). Those a/c, highlighted green to stand out, can only be leased by those new airline and those a/c will remain active for a few hours or so or until the next refresh. After that, the green highlight is removed and anyone can lease that a/c. Again, this is only a one-time use for your first aircraft. It is only for new airlines that have not leased anything.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:50:01 PM by sami »

Offline raptorva

• Members
Re: Used a/c reservation for new airlines
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:45:37 PM »
I see that this would be a good idea to give start up's a chance at competing against the big boys with adequate equipment

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:51:29 AM »
Perhaps just let them pull a plane out of those that are shown as "In Storage".

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:55:14 AM »
That could work too actually, there seems to be substantial numbers available in storage

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 03:47:45 AM »
Split the used aircraft into two pools, only airlines that started within the last 3(?) game months can see a listing of used aircraft in storage and select from them. This would not affect the "primary" used aircraft market at all and allow new carriers to obtain something that wasn't made in Russia and costs their remaining cash on hand to operate for a week  ::)

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 07:34:34 AM »
Sorry to say, but this is bogus...I started later and could get decent aircraft on my own from the used market. Its not just Airbus or ruskis, there are tons of other planes out there which are more or less available and can be worked with.

The easier solution would be to kill of those autorefreshers, that´s cheating! Without those everyone would have a chance.

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:49:27 AM »
The easier solution would be to kill of those autorefreshers, that´s cheating! Without those everyone would have a chance.

What's your solution for dealing with the autorefreshers? Sorry, but having used a/c dump to the market at random intervals is the best solution for the current game setup. The question is how to implement a system that discourages people from investing 12-18 hours a day camping the used a/c page without making a once-a-week feeding frenzy for a "scheduled" market update.

I'm honestly asking here, what is your solution? I don't have one :(

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:23:37 AM »
Modification of the script to have a check for too fast refresh, and to block those out.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 08:49:27 AM »
Actually this sort of feature for new airline startup has been in plans for 2-3 months and is one of the next things to be implemented.

twothousandgt

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »
Modification of the script to have a check for too fast refresh, and to block those out.

Then people figure out what the maximum refresh time is to trigger that and set their autorefresh to that. It doesn't address the fundamental issue.

Dookz

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 07:57:49 PM »
Sorry to say, but this is bogus...I started later and could get decent aircraft on my own from the used market. Its not just Airbus or ruskis, there are tons of other planes out there which are more or less available and can be worked with.

There's tons of choices if you can catch the next refresh. Other than that, if you are just starting out with zero a/c, in ATB, the youngest game world, you'll basically have 1 choice for a/c seating >100 pax, those are Russian planes. Might as well place an order for new Russian aircraft, if you plan to start with those. The line isn't that long and it's worth the wait to some. This is why there is instant delivery for your first  a/c, so you can get started right away. This will enforce just that, instead of offsetting it by the wait of the next refresh for your first aircraft. I don't think it's bogus at all to have this for 1 a/c. :)

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
Actually this sort of feature for new airline startup has been in plans for 2-3 months and is one of the next things to be implemented.

That would be outstanding. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.