Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Change this stupid new used a/c system  (Read 545 times)

Offline Tim

• Members
[-] Change this stupid new used a/c system
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:51:05 PM »
New system is rally stupid. It gives us 0 or 1 B747 or MD DC-10 per few hours and we're trying to click lease button faster then other players. So, to win we should press our F5 button all the day except short time-outs after market refreshes and we see message "Error! This a/c had been already purchased by other airline! You're looser!".

Sami, why are you setting 2 used a/c per day limit and disallowing us to order it? Because, you know, I can't see to this site all my day pressing F5 button every 2 seconds...

Please, don't say that you've done it to slow the game. You'd damaged it! Now to win we don't need skill, strategy, alliance and other logical things. Now we just need to watch out monitor and pressing F5 button 24/7. (

Also, new a/c ordering system works strange now. Why it allows only 15 A320 per year? Of course, getting 2 per week isn't so nice, but 2-3 per month would be much better for me.

Longhauls: in old system they delivered not so often... And now, we'll get 1 per 2 month!!! How we should renew our fleet???

I'm very disapointed in AWS V1.2!  >:(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:56:44 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Change this stupid new used a/c system
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:54:29 PM »
No, it will not be changed.

(and for your information: the used a/c system is exactly the same as in previous games. Apart from the aircraft market refresh time being randomized and daily purchase count lowered from 3 to 2. You fail to understand, still, that there are quite many players out there now all in the same situation. And it will NOT be an endless & unlimited supply of used planes, that is not realistic.)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Change this stupid new used a/c system
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
No, it will not be changed.

(and for your information: the used a/c system is exactly the same as in previous games. Apart from the aircraft market refresh time being randomized and daily purchase count lowered from 3 to 2. You fail to understand, still, that there are quite many players out there now all in the same situation. And it will NOT be an endless & unlimited supply of used planes, that is not realistic.)

I will stick with the boss here.

1.  If you can afford to do the F5 thing, god love you.  You win.  You get the AWS trophy.
2.  If you can not, simply order new planes.  Then, well, you can wait.   Find a hobby.  Do something else. 

Guys, this game is going to be a lot slower.  A LOT slower.  Most games start off strong, everyone gets BORED in the middle and then quits.  I have done it myself countless times.  So, this game will have a longer build up period (YAY FUN) and shorter middle boring period.   Now, with more airlines, we will have competition... and not the competition coming from two airports away, either.

jneil121

• Former member
Re: [-] Change this stupid new used a/c system
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:30:44 PM »
I seriously like the new game, I think it was way more relaistic plus it lets me sink my feet into loans to finance these new planes. :)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:23:39 PM »
Also, part of the fun and your strategy can be in making the aircraft others don't want work for you. It's almost always better to have some aircraft flying the route than none at all.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
I think you need to take a closer look at the situation! The main difference is in my view that we are playing with 500 players in this scenario and this causes a substantial difference on demand for airplanes, as Sami noted, the system has not been changed much on that.

Denis

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.