Airwaysim Demotivators:

Started by swiftus27, April 21, 2010, 03:34:46 PM

Curse

Nah. Cheating means the usage of something that's forbidden, and clearly it wasn't forbidden that time or otherwise half of active players would have been banned.

When the new rules were engaged I of course never used those tools anymore. Unlike Herman and two Elite Managers who got (termporarily) banned.

Bragging? Amusing? Mhm. I don't think so. It's just the old days without any valuation in the positive or negative. I just came across some old screenshots and read those thread, it simply fits the whole thing. The past isn't changed if everybody simply keeps ignoring things happened.

Quote from: sami on October 11, 2012, 11:52:21 AM
Any idea how much time all these antics of "you guys" have taken from the real development work, and so forth?

Yeah, I can imagine it took some hours to monitor the new rules and develop the call system. That's why I decided to stay to what I've done (unlime some others, like Herman and other Elite members, who tried to find funny excuses) and apologized in a serious way to you due to all the action (but not because it was not legal, because it was at this very moment), as well as adopted the new rules immediately.

Unfortunately your time schedule, new features (eye candy and useful) and things many people wait for (like the city based demand) are a big secret, so it's really tough to appraise things correctly.

Just to bring things in a right way:
Quote from: JetWestInc on October 11, 2012, 11:41:55 AM
... is now bragging about their dominance in the ultra challenging and super competitive Beginners World?  ::)

I'm not "bragging" anywhere. If you refer to press releases, I suggest you take a look at the older press release forums. I always made lots of them, all of them in the same way and some clearly showing my mistakes. If you are curious about general skill things you are welcome to contact me via PM.

So, besides of that I'm just curious why you don't use half of your AWS time to help others (mostly new players) via PM and forums. Something that really contributes to the game.

Zombie Slayer

Wow...same old Curse. A simple joke (since you seem to be unfamiliar with the term: joke/jōk/ Noun: A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline) leads to personal attacks. Nothing has changed...good to know.

Oh, and please, for my amusement, which other Elite manager was banned again? I know of one incident 2 YEARS ago. Time to let it go, maybe?
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

stevecree

Absolutely unreal ! I have to ask myself why I bother with this game with posts like that Curses. The period without you was peaceful and honest.  Someone needs to lock this thread before he insults anyone else, or he turns someone else into a troll !   If I were mentioned in a bad light like he continually mentions Herman I would quit AWS on the spot.  This crap died 2 years ago when SC crumbled, and the game has been better for it ever since....until your return !

Curse

I'm sorry if you meant it as a joke, I took it seriously.

That's always the same story. Some people here around, unfortunately sometimes including sami, always thinks the worst possible.

This one dude asked how it looked those times so I posted the screenshot. It's no amusement, it's no bragging, it's the reality of that time. Yeah, I made some funny sentence about I "found it somewhere". It's the same purpose the security manager of my airline in the press releases is named "Tor Ture". I just like this kind of chatting around with a funny note. If one doesn't like it, that's ok, last time I checked there were another 7 billion people around.

Also I can't see where a personal attack is. If you refer to the "contribute to the game" thing I'm serious. I came back and joined the Beginner's World, you know, and the first thing was I found three bugs in 24hrs. It's not to blame sami about them, it's to blame the people who play massively this game and weren't able to notice obviously things like there are two airports at Rome and both times Rome is written in a different way. Or why I got a bunch of "haha, your FAQ is outdated" messages but nobody else made an updated version of it. Nah, some people prefer to write stupid PM and wait for me to come back and fix it.

Some of my guides I used to post to people or in alliance forums wander through all alliances and skype (of course without any copyright notice, who cares about such little things?) and the people who benefit from it attack me every now and then but haven't posted them in public, too.

Maybe you now understand why I don't thought you made a joke and reacted the way I did. It's really not nice to need to respond to every single post this long because people aren't able to see things the most easiest way. If you hear hooves you should think of horses and not of Justin Bieber's mommy stolen Santa's sleigh.

Quote from: SAC on October 11, 2012, 12:48:45 PM
Absolutely unreal ! I have to ask myself why I bother with this game with posts like that Curses.

That's an easy one!

Because you love to be intellectually enlighted.

More questions? :P

Edit:
Fixed some misspelling.

stevecree

Stick to helping folk Curse, not accusing and dragging up the past. Nobody is interested and it really annoys folk when you do.   

Now can we get back to comical demotivators  ;) 

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: Curse on October 11, 2012, 12:50:38 PM
I'm sorry if you meant it as a joke, I took it seriously.

That's always the same story. Some people here around, unfortunately sometimes including sami, always thinks the worst possible.

This one dude asked how it looked those times so I posted the screenshot. It's no amusement, it's no bragging, it's the reality of that time. Yeah, I made some funny sentence about I "found it somewhere". It's the same purpose the security manager of my airline in the press releases is named "Tor Ture". I just like this kind of chatting around with a funny note. If one doesn't like it, that's ok, last time I checked there were another 7 billion people around.

Also I can't see where a personal attack is. If you refer to the "contribute to the game" thing I'm serious. I came back and joined the Beginner's World, you know, and the first thing was I found three bugs in 24hrs. It's not to blame sami about them, it's to blame the people who play massively this game and weren't able to notice obviously things like there are two airports at Rome and both times Rome is written in a different way. Or why I got a bunch of "haha, your FAQ is outdated" messages but nobody else made an updated version of it. Nah, some people prefer to write stupid PM and wait for me to come back and fix it.

Some of my guides I used to post to people or in alliance forums wander through all alliances and skype (of course without any copyright notice, who cares about such little things?) and the people who benefit from it attack me every now and then but haven't posted them in public, too.

Maybe you now understand why I don't thought you made a joke and reacted the way I did. It's really not nice to need to respond to every single post this long because people aren't able to see things the most easiest way. If you hear hooves you should think of horses and not of Justin Bieber's mommy stolen Santa's sleigh.

That's an easy one!

Because you love to be intellectually enlighted.

More questions? :P

Edit:
Fixed some misspelling.

Simply going for comedy, Curse, no malicious intent. I mean, come on...you posted screen shots of your auto refresh scheme. That is awesome! Needed a good reply.  :laugh: ;)

Quote from: SAC on October 11, 2012, 01:04:53 PM
Stick to helping folk Curse, not accusing and dragging up the past. Nobody is interested and it really annoys folk when you do.   

Now can we get back to comical demotivators  ;) 

Yes, back to demotivators, please! More fun, less fighting!
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Sami

Quote from: Curse on October 11, 2012, 12:11:24 PM
Unlike Herman and two Elite Managers who got (termporarily) banned.

(rare) Bans of users are not public information on any level, and we do not disclose such data, hence you have no real / full knowledge if someone has been on a ban or not. So please refrain on making such comments.

Curse

That's correct, I didn't get the information from your (AWS) side. But clearly the other involved party knew about the ban, too, and that's where I got my information from. But, as you wish, I will not repeat it in the public forum again.

It also makes me sad you accused me of bragging, amusement, F5 cheating and "not telling the truth"/"not informed" here. And in each point you were wrong. I don't care much about what others say, but your words really hurt me.

Troxartas86

Getting things back on track... Na Zdrove, comrades!  8)

AndiD

Incidentally, this was "picture of the day" today on a local newspaper website:

http://www.apimages.com/oneup.aspx?st=id&id=4f64ba98f3004c04baa27fb2468026bc

(An airplane of the type Ilyushin Il-86, which had three of its engines taken off, is standing on the airport in Uljanovsk, Russia on Wednesday 10.10.12.)

swiftus27

I make a few new demotivators, leave for a day, and the thread gets hijacked by BS...  why?

brique

Quote from: swiftus27 on October 12, 2012, 10:09:37 AM
I make a few new demotivators, leave for a day, and the thread gets hijacked by BS...  why?

Dunno... but it would make a nice demotivator ?

stevecree

I make a few new demotivators, leave for a day, and the thread gets hijacked by BS...  why?

Don't, you'll set him off again John   :'(

Troxartas86

AndiD

Entropy?

freshmore

Jona L.

Curse

AWS is serious business.

mtnlion

Something similar has been done IRL. Dhaka-London by MD83. Sorry that I couldn't find any better source, but I do remember it well when it started.
http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40

Hwoarang

Quote from: mtnlion on October 30, 2012, 07:03:00 PM
Something similar has been done IRL. Dhaka-London by MD83.
Airblue is currently operating Islamabad-Istanbul-Manchester with A320, however it will switch to a direct A340 flight soon.