Airwaysim Demotivators:

Started by swiftus27, April 21, 2010, 03:34:46 PM

claudietto

A good suggestion in my opinion, not sure it has been already mentioned:
If I fly LHR-SIN-SYD I can fill my planes with passengers interested in LHR-SYD, LHR-SIN AND SIN-SYD. In the game if I wanna take advantage of the kangaroo route I can not "use" the demand for the intermediate legs, correct? It would be interesting to possibly be able to sell tickets both for the full flights AND the legs of a flight with a technical stop.
Anyway it's an awesome simulation, well done!

Cardinal

Quote from: claudietto on May 23, 2012, 03:29:00 PM
If I fly LHR-SIN-SYD I can fill my planes with passengers interested in LHR-SYD, LHR-SIN AND SIN-SYD. In the game if I wanna take advantage of the kangaroo route I can not "use" the demand for the intermediate legs, correct? It would be interesting to possibly be able to sell tickets both for the full flights AND the legs of a flight with a technical stop.
Anyway it's an awesome simulation, well done!

Wrong thread. Head over to feature requests where this has been discussed  8)

swiftus27

Proof Sami's frequency rule is crap (I am completely kidding):

I personally took the photo a few hours ago.

To those on the delayed to 10:25 flight, you may want to ask them to put you on one of the other 7 flights that will take off before then.

JumboShrimp

Quote from: swiftus27 on June 01, 2012, 08:20:16 PM
Proof Sami's frequency rule is crap (I am completely kidding):

I personally took the photo a few hours ago.

To those on the delayed to 10:25 flight, you may want to ask them to put you on one of the other 7 flights that will take off before then.

I bet those passengers are just going to get off their flights in outrage if they see that there is another aircraft going to ORD at the same time  :)

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: JumboShrimp on June 01, 2012, 08:28:19 PM
I bet those passengers are just going to get off their flights in outrage if they see that there is another aircraft going to ORD at the same time  :)

I bet if I schedule a 9:50 and a 10:50 flight I will get more passengers than United....
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

JumboShrimp

Quote from: jetwestinc on June 01, 2012, 08:37:20 PM
I bet if I schedule a 9:50 and a 10:50 flight I will get more passengers than United....

;D ;D ;D

lunchbox

Got to love United lol
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Only they could get away with that at their several fortress hubs.

Airbus101

I think they are slot hoggin, I'll send an email to the airport...
Or Sami

yevgeniy

That picture by the way is not real, I'm sure it was photoshoped or something of that nature.
Just look up those flight numbers and you will see.

swiftus27

Dude, I TOOK THE PICTURE.

I was in Denver coming back from Honolulu.   Look at the date.  Honestly, I took it. 

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: yevgeniy on June 02, 2012, 10:36:57 PM
That picture by the way is not real, I'm sure it was photoshoped or something of that nature.
Just look up those flight numbers and you will see.

Or do some research before you slam someone.

UA 5953 is routed DEN-MEM-ORD (same flight number)
UA 1528 is non stop
UA 244 is DEN-GRR-ORD
UA 3524 is DEN-OMA-ORD

And so on and so forth. They all operate from Denver to Chicago, but all but one is a one stop direct flight.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: claudietto on May 23, 2012, 03:29:00 PM

Only if you have 5th freedom rights awarded by the Singaporean government you can do that, right? (in real life)

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: jetwestinc on June 03, 2012, 11:01:20 AM
Or do some research before you slam someone.

UA 5953 is routed DEN-MEM-ORD (same flight number)
UA 1528 is non stop
UA 244 is DEN-GRR-ORD
UA 3524 is DEN-OMA-ORD

And so on and so forth. They all operate from Denver to Chicago, but all but one is a one stop direct flight.

And almost all of United's "one stop direct" flights have a change of aircraft, usually even with a change of gauge. It's just a marketing scam basically so they show up at the top of travel agents' booking systems as a "direct" flight rather than a connection.

A couple years ago I flew a UA "direct" flight on a single flight number TPE-NRT-ORD-BOS. At NRT the plane changed from a 777 to a 747; at ORD it changed from 747 to an A320. And since it's actually operated as separate flights, the second "leg" doesn't even wait if the first leg is delayed, and all those pax just get stranded until the next regularly scheduled flight. UA will not fly the 747 from ORD to BOS to accomodate its misconnecting pax, because of the low LF% and because the 747 needs to turn back to Asia almost immediately.

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: lunchbox on June 02, 2012, 06:07:29 PM
Got to love United lol
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Only they could get away with that at their several fortress hubs.

Actually I think it's the fortress hubs that allow UA to charge high prices on low frequencies and have high LFs.
It's the competitive routes (LGA-ORD, JFK-SFO, etc.) that UA has to carpet-bomb with frequencies.
If you carpet-bomb your own fortress hub, your 10th flight gets 90% of its business by taking pax away from your first 9 flights (for example), which is not good for you.

yevgeniy

Sorry about that judgement.
It just seemed ridiculous, and it is still is, since the flights aren't even all nonstop, or even thru.
So it is real, but crazy.

[SC] - King Kong

Quote from: yevgeniy on June 04, 2012, 08:20:13 PM
Sorry about that judgement.
It just seemed ridiculous, and it is still is, since the flights aren't even all nonstop, or even thru.
So it is real, but crazy.

We call that a scam  8)

swiftus27

Folks... comedy thread.... picture..... all meant to be funny.

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: EsquireFlyer on June 04, 2012, 05:13:20 PM
And almost all of United's "one stop direct" flights have a change of aircraft, usually even with a change of gauge. It's just a marketing scam basically so they show up at the top of travel agents' booking systems as a "direct" flight rather than a connection.

A couple years ago I flew a UA "direct" flight on a single flight number TPE-NRT-ORD-BOS. At NRT the plane changed from a 777 to a 747; at ORD it changed from 747 to an A320. And since it's actually operated as separate flights, the second "leg" doesn't even wait if the first leg is delayed, and all those pax just get stranded until the next regularly scheduled flight. UA will not fly the 747 from ORD to BOS to accomodate its misconnecting pax, because of the low LF% and because the 747 needs to turn back to Asia almost immediately.

This is true with international to domestic "direct" service, but most of the domestic direct service is same plane. Most of these flights run into another problem, however. They will not be bookable because they are express flights operating hub to hub flights. In the CO days (and I think this still exists in the combined CO/UA pilots contract) hub to hub flights can not be operated by regional partners. Of all those flights, the only ones that should be bookable are the DEN-GRR-ORD (A319) and the non-stop, the rest is just clutter!

And Swiftus, yes, comedy thread. Was not meant to be as harsh as I was, so my apologies!

Don

Airbus101

Not every airline has a stellar MX department.

-Airbus101-

swiftus27

When I got on a UA 735 on Friday, I just knew something would be up... behold the APU was broken.