Knowing how many pax I can transport to destination with particular engine

Started by samomuransky, April 21, 2010, 11:51:25 AM

samomuransky

I'm now buying new A/C and I don't know how to find out how many passengers can I carry to destination with particular engine variant.

Payload vs. large doesn't show range for exact number of passengers. "Open new route" function shows general range for particular aicraft, but not for engine variant...

So I'd like to know this prior to buying a/c ;)

Sanabas

I'd like to see this for a used aircraft, too. When I'm on the leasing screen, if I reconfigure the plane, the range changes. But I'm only guessing by how much. As soon as I order the plane, I get a definitive answer, as it's listed under 'aircraft on order'. The nominal range appears on the aircraft info screen, but when you move to the leasing screen, it isn't there. It would be great to see on the configure aircraft tab, along with the new seating arrangement and the cost, the new nominal range. Makes a difference when you're flying routes right at the range limit. If it appeared on that tab along with the cost, you'd be able to see it whether congfiguring an already owned plane, a used plane you're about to get, or a new plane you're about to order too.

Superbenj

Quote from: Sanabas on January 20, 2011, 10:04:15 AM
I'd like to see this for a used aircraft, too. When I'm on the leasing screen, if I reconfigure the plane, the range changes. But I'm only guessing by how much. As soon as I order the plane, I get a definitive answer, as it's listed under 'aircraft on order'. The nominal range appears on the aircraft info screen, but when you move to the leasing screen, it isn't there. It would be great to see on the configure aircraft tab, along with the new seating arrangement and the cost, the new nominal range. Makes a difference when you're flying routes right at the range limit. If it appeared on that tab along with the cost, you'd be able to see it whether congfiguring an already owned plane, a used plane you're about to get, or a new plane you're about to order too.
Does anyone know if the functionality to see the new nominal range before committing a config change is available anywhere on the site?

Can you work it out from the range graph simply by the PAX numbers, or do J and F seats, not only lower the PAX number but increase the range in other ways??