Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Baby airliner  (Read 591 times)

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
[-] Baby airliner
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:46:19 PM »
I once operated Air Satolas which was a healthy operation using 54 Embrear 120 Brasilia turboprops.  (yes I have proven it CAN be done)

I still think AWS should be adapted to support people trying out something diffirent then the usual player does.

My idea is to implement the following:

- Aircrafts till 40 seats will reduce staff costs at 30/40/50 percent as the operation could be more eficient. (you just don't need that many customer surfices, High level and bagage staff)
- Re-instate the A-B-C-B-A leg option for aircraft up to 40 seats as these will do short regional (mostly domestic) flights to and from small airports only and thus will not be a severve competition to airliners flying with larger AC's.
- Baby airliners are NOT allowed to have planes with 40+ pax capacity. (I think this will need some minor moderation, like the one already in place regarding real world airline names)
- Basing at some airports like LHR, CDG, AMS, JFK, SIN, HAN etc. forbidden
- A-B-C-B-A flights, where B is one of the above (or similar) airports should be forbidden, alhough flying A-B-C-B-A where B is a small regional airport should be allowed. (by doing so you won't use the large airport as a second hub)
- Less expansive marketing, basd on numbers of seats available rather then routes offerd (like current system does)
- Company Image will have a 40% larger effect on the airliner as it is a smaller company. This is risky but part of your operation.

These were just some things I can think of to make small business atractive and offer a new gameplay experience.

(Air Satolas data has been saved on my PC which I would like to share with game developers to work on this)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:13:22 PM by sami »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Baby airliner (time to get this problem sorted out properly now)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:37:46 AM »
everything but the multi leg flights. 
sorry, its one version of the game or another.  and yes, both can be played.

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:43:25 AM »
Multiple legs are gonna be allowed in version 1.2 later, but only in your country (I'm not sure if you can have multiple legs in whole EU if you are based in member country).

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:34:48 AM »
Even the reduction of the staff costs and other overhead (ie.:marketing, slot costs, etc.) would make life much easier for regionals.

Currently (haven't tried it in 1.2 yet) it is possible, I had a fleet of ~30 DHC-8s and they were quite profitable, but compared to jets you only get breadcrumbs.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 01:55:50 PM »
Even the reduction of the staff costs and other overhead (ie.:marketing, slot costs, etc.) would make life much easier for regionals.

Currently (haven't tried it in 1.2 yet) it is possible, I had a fleet of ~30 DHC-8s and they were quite profitable, but compared to jets you only get breadcrumbs.

compared to BIG jets.  Avoid CRJs

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »
Even compared to Bae-146s and Fokker 100s. I operated them too with the same airline later and they were real cashcows.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 01:44:29 PM »
I would see this operational in conjunction with feeding traffic. That is, small aircraft bring pax from smaller airports to a larger, international airport.
And, it might work like that if the baby airliner was a sister company of a bigger airline from that said internation airport, like American Airlines and American Eagle (though, Eagle, too, flies to big airports). The babyairline could either be played by separate player or the same who is already based on the international airport.'

Also, I'd like that 4-leg route as long as it goes to small enough airports and not too far from base (few hundred NMs max).
And adding to this, there should be the possibility to take passengers from C via B to A (so like transfer pax, but they never leave the plane in B, just wait for some others to board). This way, a plane taking 40 pax could be used on 2 legs that provide about 20 pax each, and would arrive full at its final destination: C-B: 20 pax, B-A: 20 pax; equals 40 pax when arriving at A.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.