Next game world starts 16.4. 19Z

Started by Sami, April 15, 2010, 11:59:13 AM

Sami

The testing of the latest game engine of AirwaySim is progressing nicely and the new system is soon ready for public launch. The next full game world, featuring the new v.1.2 game engine, will start tomorrow Friday 16th April, at approximately 19.00 UTC.

The game world will start in mid-1980s and includes the whole world.

Several game worlds have come to an end recently or within the next few days but we shall only open a single new game world at the moment since it is needed to balance the game worlds a bit so that they all do not start and/or end at the same time. So the next game world after this one opening tomorrow will open probably in 2-4 weeks from today (but will be of course separately announced).

type45

a little question......is that a long world like TMT1?

MunMaRu

NorgeFly

Dave4468

Damn, I have no credits to start and can't get any till at least Sunday!

Maybe some begging is in order  ;)

Sami

mikk_13

will the other games switch over to 1.2?

RisteMakedonski

Will the game after this one be a modern one?

Brockster

Quote from: mikk_13 on April 15, 2010, 07:54:52 PM
will the other games switch over to 1.2?

I highly doubt that the games currently running now will switch to 1.2 but I could be wrong.

swiftus27

currently running games are using the old engine.   

connorc17

What will be the time frame(yrs) for the next game world after this? 
(for those who want to save credits)

Sami

That is not decided / thought yet..

Runner

I'm pretty sure that changing a gameworld from 1.1 to 1.2 is impossible. So no, they'll just stay 1.1.

laurikoo

This is good news. Can't wait to try it out! =)

Dave4468

Hate to sound like a total dimwit but what does 1900 UTC translate to in BST? Is it 1800, 1900 or 2000. I always get confused with BST.

Dave4468

Ah, the public mockery of LMGTFY!  ;D

Thanks

Talentz

Nice, talk about a last min change Sami. 2x used planes per day with limit growth by well.. 33%  :P  

Finally, though, F/C is directly tied to CI!!  Plus the new CI value change? The first year of an airline will be a tough one!  I expect this game to be much more difficult then in past games  8)

- Talentz

highways1

Quote from: Talentz on April 16, 2010, 06:16:33 PM
Nice, talk about a last min change Sami. 2x used planes per day with limit growth by well.. 33%  :P 

Finally, though, F/C is directly tied to CI!!  Plus the new CI value change? The first year of an airline will be a tough one!  I expect this game to be much more difficult in past games  8)

- Talentz

Good moves to control things. I can't usually get more than 2 planes anyway though so not a huge deal, but perhaps a necessary step. Now if only we can remove those aircraft limits at hubs  ;D

Tuure

Hi!

When this new game exactly starts?
I think that 1900Z has gone already..

Tuure