Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Southern California to SFO/OAK...  (Read 492 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
[-] Southern California to SFO/OAK...
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:29:22 PM »
let me start by saying I wasn't sure which forum to post this under, so I'll just use this one.
I have noticed game after game that demand from all Southern California airports are all unrealistically low to SFO/OAK. In a modern game, the demand should be around 1000 people a day from LAX alone, and about 200-400 from each LAX satellite airport. I just think this should be looked at. I see SJC getting demands of 500 people a day and up and its just not that way. I think demands from ALL SoCAL airports to SFO/OAK should be doubled to quadrupled depending on if its SNA, BUR, ONT, LAX etc..
Thanks in advance for looking into this sami. A demand for 90 people on those routes in a modern day game just isn't correct. Thanks for reading! :)
P.S. Also need to remember that LAX-SFO is still the busiest air corridor in the world both in sheer passenger volume as well as in aircraft flying the route at any given time. :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:32:52 AM by sami »

connorc17

• Former member
Re: Southern California to SFO/OAK...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 01:00:11 AM »
In Modern Times when I was based in LAX i also thought there were many inaccuracies in demand in many of the trans-californian routes. LAX-SFO has at least 2000 pax per day. The demand from SFO to destinations in SoCal especially Long Beach, Burbank, and Ontario seem very off. I also thought demand of Oakland and SJC to airports along the west coast seemed inaccurate as well. Thanks for taking the time to possibly review this issue!

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:52:42 AM »
Having flown the LAX-SFO route both ways I'll certainly attest to this inaccuracy. I believe that at short distances the system currently undercuts the actual demand. Another thing to think about here is that both LAX and SFO have a large international demand which causes the system to undervalue the domestic demand on occasion. This happens at JFK as well and it makes it a tricky place to fly out of. I will cut the system a break though because it is difficult to get the demand correct for every route-pair, although this a pretty big one.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 02:33:51 AM »
Thanks people! ;)  SFO/OAK/SJC are all devastatingly inacurate. Southwest is flying 16 full flights a day to EACH OAK/SJC/SMF from BUR alone!  :o And yes, I was being possibly being too conservative with LAX. 2000 pax per day does sound more accurate. AND...lets us not forget demand to the bay from SAN as well. Easy 500-600 pax per day from SAN to SFO/OAK/SJC/SMF.  sami?... a word please? I am a southern California native and I'll bet some of the respondents here are as well. You should up those demands by 10 times if not more. I just know my intra-California routes and how they work. Flown them for decades. Can we get this fixed please?  I guess I should have used the bug report forum, but here we are. :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »
The idea is not really to mimic the reality to the fullest extent, or to keep adjusting the demands for single route-pairs until it is same as in real life - as that would just be an endless "swamp" of complaints that 'why this and that is not so high' etc..

However if there are very clear inaccuracies then adjustments can be made, but some real & specific data would be then needed. Most of the US domestic routes are however based on real (ustpo) data already but can't check right now what is the case with these.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 07:02:27 PM »
Thanks for answering sami. When you can please check this. I'm sure say to yourself, "WOW, I better up these quite a bit". LAX-SFO is just one you can't let go. Thanks!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.