Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: v1.2: Fleet commonality base-dependent, not company  (Read 819 times)

Jps

• Former member
v1.2: Fleet commonality base-dependent, not company
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
So, as we get new bases, we will also hire new technicians in there. Thus, we should be able to use different planes at that base with no extra cost, meaning, that we could use A330s at one base, B767s at the other, and would not get huge penalties due to 'bad' fleet commonality. And this of course because we wouldn't have to use the same technicians to repair different plane types, but it would be sufficient to teach just 1 or 2 types for each engineer.

Offline powi

• Members
Re: v1.2: Fleet commonality base-dependent, not company
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:59:02 PM »
+1

However there should still be that +15% penalty for those outbased aircraft.

Bonuses for good fleet commonality should partially benefit outbased aircraft too.

Edit:
1) Calculate each base's fleet commonality separately, but add 1/3 of the same fleet group aircraft at other bases to reduce fleet commonality costs per plane.

2) Add +15% for out bases.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:07:30 PM by Powi »

ban2

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »
agree totally with jps on this one, sorry powi but why penalty?

if you have 2 bases in your airline and 2 fleet types, 1 fleet type per base you are in reality running a 1 fleet type airline at each base.
1 base runs 737 another runs 747 you are not doubling up on parts or staff.

yes you are paying extra for the second base but should not effect commonality.

Offline powi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 05:49:19 AM »
+15% because the airline have to build second tyre shop, battery shop, storage, NDT shop and other facilites that would otherwise shared across fleet types.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
But aren't those expences already calculated in opening the 2nd base?

MCR247

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 06:27:20 PM »
I agree with JPS and I think its a good idea, although I have no idea about what Powi is saying

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 12:30:07 AM »
Ditto. S'up powi? :-\

Offline powi

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:32:12 AM »
My points

1) Inlude fleet commonality positive effect across bases

2) Aircraft based out of main base should cost more to maintain

are both realistic and good for gameplay. It's obvious that if one operates certain type out of main base that type is the most econimical choise for the second base also. Increasing maintenace cost for outbased aircraft is more than realistic. The initial cost when opening a base only covers the inital investments for seconds facilities - not operating them. Gameplay aspect supports that the game difficulty increases during play, because the game is now too easy at later stage.

However this is only my opinion how the main idea of this request should be implemented. Whether my ideas are taken into account or not, I strongly support that adding a fleet type to one base doesn't increase fleet maintenace costs at other bases.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.