AWS v.1.2 is in beta

Started by Sami, April 09, 2010, 11:27:29 PM

Sami

The updated game engine version of AirwaySim (v.1.2) is in final stages of preparation. The software is going through the final testing by our beta testers. They are playing in a closed beta game world for about 7-10 days to find out the bugs hidden in the system.

After all the fixes have been made and the testing is completed the next full (public) game worlds will begin. They will feature this updated game engine with new features and lots of improvements. The exact schedule and game world details will be posted later.

The v.1.2 game engine has many new things, much of it "under the hood" and invisible to users. Main changes are in the country system (with fully realistic and accurate country details for each country in the world), route open/edit systems (technical updates mainly), aircraft system updates (technical updates here too). Included is also the major requested feature, ability to create multiple base airports.

As always the development of AirwaySim will continue as an ongoing process and v.1.2 will receive many minor new features and updates over time.

Meanwhile, before the new worlds open, you can view the previews and read more information about the changes in our forum.

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,18597.0.html

RisteMakedonski

Do you always choose the same people to test the game?

Unbornio

Quote from: RisteMakedonski on April 09, 2010, 11:41:20 PM
Do you always choose the same people to test the game?

The people who are still active now and have played in the first beta are allowed in the beta.
Beta Tester

swiftus27

I just hope that there are enough of you still around.

d2031k

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 10, 2010, 12:12:32 PM

:) Sounds like somebody wants to be involved (like me!  :P)

jimsom

Quote from: swiftus27 on April 10, 2010, 12:12:32 PM

There are plenty.

cicciocri

I'm sure if you need testers, you'll find lots! (including me  :) )

Bebetobn21

love_bus

QuoteI just hope that there are enough of you still around.
Their are still many around.. stalking the place from the shadows  ;D

blumage

Quote from: love_bus on April 15, 2010, 04:44:25 AM
Their are still many around.. stalking the place from the shadows  ;D
here you are....how's the light over there? Hope the shadows didn't turn you into a vampire. You know it's a trend nowadays

ICEcoldair881

Allan you better not have turned into one during your gameplaying absence..........seeing as that stupid trend is EVERYWHERE I LOOK.... :P

edit: hey could you possibly move the date back 1 hour? I need to buy credits when I get home (3pm EST) which is when the game starts.......actually, no it would start at 3pm EST but as we are on Daylight Savings time (we are ahead one more hour) it will be 4pm with DST.......YES SAVING BY DST! ;D

2nd edit: damn, it will be 3pm when the game starts......crap! I need to BUCKET home then to buy my credits and get onto the game........it will be close so my fingers are crossed....