Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Limited aircraft causing high taxes  (Read 634 times)

mfpoulsen

• Former member
Limited aircraft causing high taxes
« on: March 28, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
I have over 5M in cash and am just waiting to lease 2 or 3 more aircrafts. But the extremely limited number of used aircrafts means that I cannot find any sensible aircrafts to purchase for a few days now.

Now, I don't mind being patient and waiting for the right aircrafts. Whats frustrating me is that my patience costs a fortune in tax... So far, the last 2 months has cost me more than 1.3M in taxes - all just because I cannot invest in aircrafts. 1.3M is a somewhat big deal for a newly started company like mine - it's basically the entire 4 months prepayment on a leased B707/727 basically down the drain due to limited aircrafts!

Is there any way to solve this lack of aircraft soon? It's really killing the fun of the game when you make players waste hard earned money to pay taxes...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:04:09 AM by mfpoulsen »

Curse

• Former member
Re: Limited aircraft causing high taxes
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:59:26 AM »
At every 15th january, you may get a tax payback. So this is no help for you now, but if you're not too bad in math you can calculate how much tax you'll getting back.

Edit: Maybe it's an idea to lease new planes instead of doing nothing, but it depends on your income and base airport.

mfpoulsen

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 10:12:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I considered a new aircraft, but right now it will cost the entire 5M bankroll leaving me vulnerable, plus I have to wait 5+ months for delivery vs. 2 weeks for a used one. I also learned that newly started companies should not invest in brand new aircrafts. In addition, I learned the hard way (bankrupt twice) that Russian aircrafts is a definite no-go.

I am basically just hoping there will be a bunch of feasible used aircrafts added to the game soon. If not, I will lease a new aircraft after reaching over 8M in cash. I really wanna be careful not to bankrupt the company again...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:30:23 AM »
Taxes are something that you should be prepared to pay.

mfpoulsen

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
I am prepared to pay taxes. But in the real world, companies use profits to invest in growth. Exactly like I want to. I'd rather have money tied into growth potential (ie. aircrafts) than tax.

Anyway, I guess I'd better align and do what many people also do in real life.... Sh*t up and just pay the taxes ;-)

mfpoulsen

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »
Thanks a lot for taking care of this (which I assume you did). I have been able to purchase 7 used aircrafts over the last couple of days, and the game is much funnier now. Thanks again.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.