Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Automatical a/c registration  (Read 487 times)

Offline Tim

• Members
[-] Automatical a/c registration
« on: March 25, 2010, 02:07:52 PM »
How about to create an option to choose between manual and automatical a/c registration?
Sometimes it become boring to register a lot of a/c at time...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:34:41 PM by sami »

auerbacs

• Former member
Re: Automatical a/c registration
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 03:23:37 PM »
yeah, it's certainly not a big deal, but it is something which I do that I have no desire to really micromanage. Good idea.

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:23:14 PM »
Agreed.

GM
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

d2031k

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 08:26:43 PM »
The only tweak is that you could maybe pre-assign what group of registrations your aircraft would have.  I wouldn't want a B737 to have G-AAAA, a B747 having G-AAAB and then the next B737 having G-AAAC.

Like most airlines do, I use the regs to distinguish between different subtypes, configs and completed schedules.  Without the ability to flag individual aircraft, this is the best way I can quickly see which aircraft are in which group or do not need attending to.

EDIT:  Having an option to allow manual or automatic registration would allow this though - to respond to the original posting :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:59:09 PM by Daveos »

Offline Tim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
You know, guys, if Sami will give us other feature, which I requested (custom fleet groups), we wouldn't need to use different prefixes.

But, I want to add some comments to my first message in this topic: in some countries (like US), reg numbers include airline prefix (for example, DL = Delta, they have Boeing 752 with  N647DL reg. number)

So, if Sami, will add 2-letters airline codes, it would work perfectly with US airlines.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.