Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Is the game capable of knowing if you have premium economy...  (Read 591 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
seats versus standard seats? Same question for all cabins. Is it able to recognize that you have "lie-flat" C class accomodations that would attract passengers that will pay more for that C class seat?  So if I put "lie flat" seats in a cabin, it would stand to reason that the game would charge more for that cabin and not just the "standard" F/C/Y cabin fares and make more revenue by doing so. Thats always puzzled me and thats why I have always used standard seats. I didn't think the game would know the difference in the type of seat. Sooo, I pose that question to you. :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:33:53 PM by sami »

Talentz

• Former member
Re: Is the game capable of knowing if you have premium economy...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:18:22 PM »
I have noticed that using PremY seating on routes with heavy competition produces higher LFs when compared to using standard seating or HD seating. However, is it worth the higher LF return vs lost potential revenue from lower seating capacity? I'm sure only Sami really knows...

However I do think that using premium seating is worth it on longhaul, med-high demand routes where frequency doesn't always provide the best defense (over-saturation by frequency). In those situations, a normal once daily LH route could be turned into a 2-3x daily Perm seating configured route. Thus using, CI, RI, frequency, price and seating as a solid defense against route invaders.

In shorthaul/domestic sectors, its pretty much a non-factor to use. No need to fight that hard for low yield domestic pax. I personally use PermY just to annoy other airlines.

Talentz

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Is the game capable of knowing if you have premium economy...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »
in short, yes - better seating allows you to ask for higher price compared to other airline - IF all other variables are the same...

But using premium seats takes so much space that it is usually not worth it.

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: [-] Is the game capable of knowing if you have premium economy...
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:44:36 PM »
Well thank you to the people that answered. I wasn't sure if I wanted to try it or not. I have always used standard C/Y seating. When I get to a point where I have a super long haul I may try it in both C and Y. I just have to make sure I've saved some money to change it back to standard if it doesn't work out.  I have often wondered if the "automatic" pricing takes premium seats into consideation with out having to manually change my prices. You're probably right. Only Sami knows for sure. Sami? Would you care to comment? :)

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: [-] Is the game capable of knowing if you have premium economy...
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
Oooops. I didn't see you up there,Sami, LOL! Ok enough said. Thanks for the advice. I'll just stick to standard. Its worked fine. :-[ ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.