Information for Bombardier Dash 8 Q200 & Q300

Started by alexgv1, March 10, 2010, 01:56:19 AM

alexgv1

Researched these aircraft if you wished to include them in the game sami, from this site: http://www.bombardier.com/en/aerospace/products/commercial-aircraft/q-series and the sub pages within it. And the Specification pdf's from here: http://www2.bombardier.com/Used_Aircraft/en/Q_Dash_Specifications.jsp.

Bombardier Dash 8-Q200

The Q200 is designed for airlines and other operators who require an aircraft the same size as the Q100, but with more power and greater payload. Our engineers met the challenge by mating the Q100 airframe with the more powerful Pratt & Whitney PW123 engines found on the larger Q300 aircraft.

The result is the Q200, an aircraft with spectacular performance and increased payload and range capability. This upgrade is ideal for operators who require an aircraft for 'hot and high' operating conditions. The aircraft has excellent performance under in hot climates and at high altitudes, and retains the Dash 8's legendary short field airfield performance operating from runways as short as 800 metres.

Launched: March 1992
Entered Service: mid-1992

Technical info:   
Size class    Medium aircraft
Cruise speed    289 kts TAS
Engines    2x Pratt & Whitney Canada PW123C/D [One engine option.]
Nominal range    1 125 NM
MTOW    16 465 kg
Weight variant    Standard [Only weight option.]
Average fuel burn    ??
Runway requirement (MTOW)    1000 m
Turn-around time    20 mins
Crew    Pilots: 2, Cabin crew: 1
Seating configuration   Y: 37, C: 0, F: 0 (Max: 39)

Bombardier Dash 8-Q300

The original Q100 did so well in developing regional airline routes that its operators soon required an aircraft with more power and more seats. The answer was the Q300, launched in 1986 with the lowest seat-mile costs and best performance in its class. It entered service with Time Air (became Canadian Regional Airlines) of Canada early in 1989.

Eleven feet (3.4 m) longer than the Q100/Q200, the Q300 has the capacity to seat 56 passengers, although most versions are configured to hold 50 seats.

The Q300 has an outstanding take-off and landing capability, even on unprepared airstrips, making it an ideal aircraft for airlines operating in developing regions of the world.

Launched: 1986
Entered Service: early-1989

Technical info:   
Size class    Medium aircraft
Cruise speed    287 kts TAS
Engines    2x Pratt & Whitney Canada PW123B [One engine option.]
Nominal range    924 NM
MTOW     19,505 kg [There is possibly a standard and HGW version, these range, speed and MTOW figures seem to be for the HGW which seemed to be the standard/popular version.]
Weight variant    Standard
Average fuel burn    ??
Runway requirement (MTOW)    1 180 m
Turn-around time    ?? [Assume 25 mins.]
Crew    Pilots: 2, Cabin crew: 1
Seating configuration   Y: 50, C: 0, F: 0 (Max: 56)

Payload vs. Range chart: http://www2.bombardier.com/Used_Aircraft/en/Q_Dash_Performance.jsp

Apparently there was a Q100 also but I could not find any info on it I guess they don't produce it anymore. Seems to be the airframe the Q200 is derived from.

These would all be within the same fleet group. Only other thing I couldn't find is pricing information and fuel burn.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Sami

They are already included.

(The Q100 / Q200 is the exactly same plane as -100/-200 just "rebranded".)

alexgv1

I feared this might be the case... are they just the DHC-100B etc.

What is with the difference in names/manufacturers that only the Q400 was included, I know BA flew the Q300.

Or are they in the database for upcoming games? Because in Modern Times #1 there is only the Bombardier Dash 8-Q400.

NorgeFly

Sami is right, the Dash 8-300 is the same as a Dash 8-Q300... the Q just means "quiet" as they have a new system build into them which reduces noise and vibration in the cabin.

alexgv1

Yes, I knew these were meant to be quieter, I guess the difference is so insignificant it isn't worth including. I was just initially puzzled by the presence of the Q400 and none of its brothers. Only advantage of including the other Q-Series would be fleet commonality and the Dash 8 planes being available later on.