Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: advertising  (Read 520 times)

Offline djc

• Members
advertising
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:34:15 AM »
Hi,

I have a question about advertising. I started a general campaign in my home city only when my airline was new. Now that it is bigger, I'd like to advertise to the whole country, however am unsure about how to do so properly.

If I simply add a whole country campaign, is the local city only campaign redundant? Should that one be cancelled? It seems I should be able to upgrade my campaign instead of incurring a cancellation fee, then creating a new one. Perhaps I am just not clear here.

Thanks

Aahz the Pervect

• Former member
Re: advertising
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »
*Warning* Complete Noob here - I could be WAY wrong, but this is how I've come to think of it...

I tend to think of each campaign as a diff 'theme' to help understand how it works here. Think how McDonald's will use a set of commercials that are all around a central theme (i.e. new product, kid friendly, or using the Olympics as a prop in a campaign etc). They could run both sets of campaign commercials at the same 'level' (cty,state,worldwide) and get a broader scope of potential customers then if they just ran one 'theme' into the ground.

So you could set up two identical (identical in-game) style General Campaigns (Home City + Radio) and run them at the same time. They would just be considered 2 diff styles (in your head) etc. One could be a 'Family' campaign showing how safe, easy and fun your airline is to have kids on board and another could be focused on your Pricing/Time Slots, That way you are gathering customers from two distinct angles. Don't know if there is a redundancy factor formula'd in tho.

What I do is make heavy use of diff lengths of campaigns. To jump start a route for example, I might do a 6mo Newspaper and Billboard campaign, a 1mo TV and a third, 3mo Radio Campaign on a route.

For your example - The basic premise of one campaign on the 'home city' and another on the 'home state' should work fine. Of course the reason I speak up atm, is so a Veteran can set me straight if I'm off base :)

auerbacs

• Former member
Re: advertising
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
I just had much the same question and Sigma gave me a great answer. The basic idea is that the only thing that matters is how much you spend on advertising. It doesn't matter how you spend it. Have a look at the post topic titled "Marketing" to get Sigma's full answer.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.