Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is Concorde Viable ...?  (Read 588 times)

theguv316

• Former member
Is Concorde Viable ...?
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »
has any one tried it out what are the pro's cons ...?

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Is Concorde Viable ...?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:14:06 AM »
Why not give it a try yourself? If it isn't just bankrupt your airline and start over. This hame is all about learning the possibilities and discover what can bedone and what can't.

People told it's not possible to run a airline with small ac's. So I took the gamble in Lyon and now I operate a profitable airline with 35 Embrear 120 Brasilia ac's. Yes staff wages are absurd and yes it should be changed for small airlines. But it can be done if you know what your doing.

I am sure it works the same with supersonic aviation.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 12:48:21 AM »
It is a very bad plane.  Unless you are able to completely capture all first class pax who will sit in small seats (only way to make it at all profitable) it will sink you fast.  Make SURE you have a huge fleet of other planes that make you money.  You will NOT survive with the Concorde being your backbone.   

SAMI:  Perhaps those who brave this aircraft get a bump to their CI??? It makes sense and helps alleviate the penalty that this plane is.

SAMI NOTE 2:   Is there any way that you can put me into a game one day and give me a fleet of like 25 new concordes and I do my best just to see if you can actually profitably fly that aircraft?   I'd love to give it a shot. 

theguv316

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 01:51:23 PM »
I would give it a shot if the CI went up i like that idea I would tour concorde arond the world raising my profile
i was more wondering peeps thoughts on this one. I have more than streched myself with a new fleet coming from airbus its just the prestige
that concorde brings as a flagship carrier

EYguy

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
On routes such as JFK-LHR the Concorde helps in increasing frequency and then corporate image. Even in the golden days of aviation the a/c was poorly profitable and its operators used with a mere aim of keeping up their image... For what I can remember, I've been told by a former BA pilot that the a/c used to gross about 50.000 USD/flight at the end of last century. I could not even image that a/c AND the current prices of oil! ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.