Take Pike's post for debate
specifically my post was about the frustration of waiting a month to start the simulation from the very beginning, with equal resources and just hours after the game starts i see myself in a disadvantaged position, and i'm not the only one.
About the feedback:
1. manual - if you ask somebody to pay for.. something you should deliver a game experience, at least a complete package with minimum requirements like a completed manual
2. important periods in the game - if there will be one hour of aircraft booking and nothing else after, put that into a tips&tricks list. this way everybody will know that if they wont be online that hour, they'll ..regret. Will there be aircraft releases after a while...specify that from the begininng
3. variable used/simulated - in this game you have to try, get decisively wrong, reset and start again. do something else wrong, reset, start again. You dont have any source of info to get an understanding of consequences/benefits for a decision, but by making it.
4. game concepts & economics - a short question: The market share is calculated to volume, value, no of flights, else... ?
5. data & info transparency - other airlines prices, why not visible ? if this is an economic simulation (which i think it is), you should base your business decision on a set of indicators and competitive analysis. imho this is completely missed. most important is to hope for a large airport with few airlines and set some routes. if somebody has a higher SOM, then you should assume it has lower prices. Does it ? how low ? is it the daytime for the flight ? or maybe that airline heavily invested in Mktg ? else...?
6. easiness in agregating data to build your own indicators, databases, in order to make solid ground decisions - it takes me hours if I try to aggregate something...but probably it's just me
7. simplicity - for every route information it pops up a new unmanageable window
8. objectives & calibration - i understood from the forum, that there are no objectives, no hierarchies nothing. you just compete to your own objectives. How can I go for revenue objective if it happens to start when 50% in progress. How can I go for SOM, when I just started, lost 2 hours to set my airport, and build a route/aircraft strategy and the very next day a 100 aircraft airline decides to cover all my routes (could he just drop the prices by 80-90% for couple of months ? is that possible ? would that count for its billion revenue ?)
9. real life simulation - there are explanations like "but to be fair, there is not a limitless supply of aircraft out there", but could it be a calibrated starting budget ? so that you cand afford to lease 5-10 aircraft, dispose huge amounts for mktg, while still having some coins for a moon trip. Maybe having the budget calibrated to 1-2 aircraft lease and no mktg, or 1 aircraft and some mktg or...would make people more conscious when leasing like crazy, choosing a super-hubs with 5 airlines already
10. after first days momentum - there's no fun anymore. if you start later, then you just have to admit that everybody owns 50-100 aircrafts and the business related, while u'll struggle for 3 of them until a big shark spots u. actually this is a real life well simulation
I'll stop here, sorry for the previous post, i was kind of vague, liberating my frustration. Now i'm cool.
Just discovered that in one-two years i might get 1 even 2 medium aircrafts
buddy, i already payed, and repayed...that means that i'm willing to pay. I found this simulation interesting as a concept, but if i pay, even a small amount, I assume some quality standards. at least a progressive plan of improvements.
If this would've been free, my first post would sound like this: sami, thanks for the time dedicated here, u managed to build a quite fair simulation ...i was thinking for this idea/improvement....(got the idea ?)
now feel free to hate me
@kontio i havent searched alot for airlines simulators, but i recommend erepublik.ro as an economic simulation. There's also a very dedicated self-driven community outhere. It's quite enjoyable...addictable
Have a good night folks, and dont take it personal, honestly i'm well intentioned.