Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Frustration  (Read 1151 times)

Offline co737800

• Members
Frustration
« on: February 06, 2010, 12:35:12 AM »
Frustration
I love this game but I'm getting more and more frustrated at some of the game play.It makes no sense to me on a route with 490 passengers / day  some
airlines put 5000 seats on it. Stuff like that is making it so less people are playing the matches.Airlines from different country should not be able to land in your country then fly off to a third. I love the idea of setting up more then one hub but it should be in the same country

Yb

• Former member
Re: Frustration
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 12:39:19 AM »
Frustration
I love this game but I'm getting more and more frustrated at some of the game play.It makes no sense to me on a route with 490 passengers / day  some
airlines put 5000 seats on it. Stuff like that is making it so less people are playing the matches.Airlines from different country should not be able to land in your country then fly off to a third. I love the idea of setting up more then one hub but it should be in the same country

What to say to that? Well I'll try this:

a) the discussion about the hubs is somewhere else. Look under Feature Requests.
b) If somebody puts 5000 pax on a 490 route that means that there is around 8% LF on each (+/- 1% depending on the price). If it is so you can guess he is trying to take over the route as a hub. If such airline has so many planes on this route it means he is greatly vulnerable - target his other legs and you break him.
c) if you want to avoid big competition find an airport that is a bit out of reach. Most of these things happen on the top 50 airports.

Offline co737800

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:30:07 AM »
Well what he is doing is flying into the airport I fly out of then onwards to other airports from their. If you have seen the total airlines from this game has dropped from about 270 to 215 due to game play like that

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 03:13:41 AM »
Well what he is doing is flying into the airport I fly out of then onwards to other airports from their. If you have seen the total airlines from this game has dropped from about 270 to 215 due to game play like that

Player numbers always drop in a game, no way around it.  It is not due to "gameplay like that".  It's most often due to simple boredom of a game, player time-outs, and/or players that simply give up AWS altogether and allow their credits to run-out then BK.  As games get further along people simply stop joining at speeds equal to those that are departing because few want to enter a game that's gone on too long.

Regardless, what he's doing isn't frowned upon at all.  Even when we get multiple hubs there'd be absolutely nothing stopping players from setting up a hub where your airport is now if the player was so inclined.  In fact, he'd be making even more money if that were the case because he wouldn't have to fly an empty leg on so many planes.

EYguy

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 07:53:45 AM »
Frustration

It is something that will be dealt in the future version of the game engine (V1.2). Anyway, I agree with you. But as YB said, if you start waging war to your competitor on its routes leaving from your hub, you'll kill his revenues! :)
I think that Sami has already read billions of posts telling the same things you said, mainly because I think you're right and I kept telling all the other guys here that the multi leg routes was, isn't and will not be allowed in the real life, except from some cases... The only thing we can do is hang on! :)

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 02:01:42 PM »
Though I don't provide 5000 seats per route, I do multi leg quite a bit, but purely because my hub is not sustainable on it's own. I think alot of other players do the same.

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
It is something that will be dealt in the future version of the game engine (V1.2). Anyway, I agree with you. But as YB said, if you start waging war to your competitor on its routes leaving from your hub, you'll kill his revenues! :)
I think that Sami has already read billions of posts telling the same things you said, mainly because I think you're right and I kept telling all the other guys here that the multi leg routes was, isn't and will not be allowed in the real life, except from some cases... The only thing we can do is hang on! :)

Yup. Just kick them in the nuts and they will be gone before you'll know it  ;) And yes, multi legs have to be dealt with or banned. But this is about samis decision. As you can see after some search there are hundreds of people who will tell you they love it as much as it frustrates you.

LostInBKK

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 05:36:56 PM »
What to say to that? Well I'll try this:

a) the discussion about the hubs is somewhere else. Look under Feature Requests.
b) If somebody puts 5000 pax on a 490 route that means that there is around 8% LF on each (+/- 1% depending on the price). If it is so you can guess he is trying to take over the route as a hub. If such airline has so many planes on this route it means he is greatly vulnerable - target his other legs and you break him.
c) if you want to avoid big competition find an airport that is a bit out of reach. Most of these things happen on the top 50 airports.

Sometimes what you are suggesting is not possible, especially if the other airline is bigger.

I have been kicked out my home airport due to this issue.  >:(

Cheers
Lost

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 06:20:08 PM »
Sometimes what you are suggesting is not possible, especially if the other airline is bigger.

I have been kicked out my home airport due to this issue.  >:(

Cheers
Lost

I don't quite believe this is an issue. As you grow more experienced I believe you can win in any situatuations - even though it may be hard. You see - there is a possibility of taking secondary routes, restructuralizing etc.
This however works only if you don't come to an airport where a huge, established airline is. Then it is extremely hard to grow and to provide sufficient cashflow.

LostInBKK

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
I don't quite believe this is an issue. As you grow more experienced I believe you can win in any situatuations - even though it may be hard. You see - there is a possibility of taking secondary routes, restructuralizing etc.
This however works only if you don't come to an airport where a huge, established airline is. Then it is extremely hard to grow and to provide sufficient cashflow.

I was in Perth and the game was 30% through then an Airline from Adelaide moved in and took my roots.  I politely email the player and ask them to leave my routes as I was just starting. They said no Perth was their 2nd hub. As I new airline there was no way I could fight that.  >:(

Cheers
Lost

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 02:19:10 AM »
I was in Perth and the game was 30% through then an Airline from Adelaide moved in and took my roots.  I politely email the player and ask them to leave my routes as I was just starting. They said no Perth was their 2nd hub. As I new airline there was no way I could fight that.  >:(

Cheers
Lost

If the game was 30% through I believe you could have done it if you carefuly took other routes. The key to this is to stall as long as you are able to get him. I know its hard but there are like milions of routes so you can stall for a long time. Also the bigger the airline the less of an idea what is going on...  ;)

EYguy

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 10:28:03 PM »

As every real estate agent says... "Location location location"! ;) I'm sorry, but IT IS ALWAYS a matter of where you are based... If you wanna have your hub in "Dance with wolves land", it is completely up to you, but this doesn't mean that some other airlines have the right to kill your routes on your hub...
The only solution I can see up to now is to limit the number of players in a game to avoid "overpopulation" of the major hubs and major regional airports: you can put a limit to "two airlines per airport" as Sami suggested in the new Jat Age game, but after this SUGGESTION, it's not my fault if some "SMARTEST THAN THE AVERAGE" (sooo ironic!) people want to fill a hub with 4 airlines! :D

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
In dawn of millennium, I grow up to a quite succesfull airline and grew up to a fleet of 35 aircraft in just one year. After one year, I got involved into a competition with a big guy who used my hub as his secondary hub. At the beginning I was not really hit by his competition until the C- and D-checks began to show up of the 30 ageing Fokker F28 I had. Finally fallen far into red and decided to restart. Competition with a big airline isn't impossible if you have the right aircraft to compete with. With the average 15years old Fokker F28 I was very weak against his brand new turboprops on shorthaul international flights. Think twice before you purchase those old babies and keep your fleet "up-to-date".

Yb

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »
Loation is not a problem itself. The problem is not even many airlines in one airport. What is a problem is that even if you choose as a newbie an airport that is empty, somebody comes and destroys you. Which is higly unfair - I have no problem if I will compete with a fairly stronger or a bit weaker airline. But stomping airline which has two aircrafts to the ground is not fun and takes away the diversity. Especially if I have 250 planes by then. People should be less agressive if they dont have too and they should take consequesnces for things like that - the system gives you too much money so you waste it on anything.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.