Maintaining Plane to 100%

Started by auerbacs, February 02, 2010, 04:59:58 AM

auerbacs

Several times I've set my maintenance crew to repair the plane to 100%. It takes my money, the plane goes out of service for a day or two (they were already in good condition). A couple of days later, they're back down to 94-96%. They are 16-17 yr old planes. Why won't they hold their 100% conditions?

Thanks!

Jake43

powi

The planes will naturally degrade when used. Every A, B, C & D check will increase the condition. So it's natural that between checks planes' condition will decrease. Don't try to keep them at 100%, it doesn't work like that. In fact only repair planes you have just aquired and that are in poor condition. Do you think that every plane you fly in the real world is as perfect as when it first rolled of the production line?

over 90% = perfect condition
over 80% = you won't experiece too much trouble
over 70% = couple Bs and maybe a C will get it going strong again

EYguy

Hi! I would say that an a/c with a condition of 90% or more is totally airworthy... The less than 100% condition means that the a/c is in normal condition and it indicates the usual wear of the a/c itself.
Less than 90%... It's a bit troublesome! I would say that the more an a/c is close to its D-check, the more it is probable its condition will be lower than 90%... And of course age has its own weight on the condition!

auerbacs

Yb

Quote from: EYguy on February 02, 2010, 11:59:06 AM
Hi! I would say that an a/c with a condition of 90% or more is totally airworthy... The less than 100% condition means that the a/c is in normal condition and it indicates the usual wear of the a/c itself.
Less than 90%... It's a bit troublesome! I would say that the more an a/c is close to its D-check, the more it is probable its condition will be lower than 90%... And of course age has its own weight on the condition!

That is quite right. When the aircraft leaves the factory line it is on 100%. For the first six months it around 90 - 100% (100% when the B check is done, 90 - 95% near B check), the next half a year is fluctuates between 85% and 95% and the C check returns it back to top notch. But as the D check is coming closer the condition moves to arouns 79% to 89% and the D check then returnes it back to top. This also is fixed from my experience to the first 10 years. Later on decrease the condition loosing by 25% with each year it is going. The differences can also be smaller if you don't run the aircraft to the ground (I mean if you have 8 lines every day the aircraft will be stressed by the landing much more than having it flying one long route every day).

EYguy

I did not consider the numbers of landings and take offs! :) Nice shot!