Supply, Demand and Company Image

Started by hybridace101, January 25, 2010, 12:54:00 AM

hybridace101

Please take a look at the graphic below and pay particular attention to Thursday's figures.  If there are more available seats on that day than actual demand (thanks to competition), is there still a good chance I can get more than a 50% LF on that day if I want to add my flight to what's available on that day?  How long will it take before I can see the results bear fruit or what can I do without bringing up costs (i.e. marketing) or reducing prices substantially especially since the cost of TV/radio marketing can be much more than the incremental amount I would get if I didn't use such media. 

I understand that a higher total company image gives us the right to raise prices.  But howabout a higher individual route image?

Sami

Since the sold seats (and resulting LF%) depends on so many different things it's not really possible to answer that..

hybridace101

My airline is more than 2 years old and my loads have averaged 82-85%.  My company image is around 61.  When would be the best time to raise fares by even 5% and will that have an impact on passengers willing to travel?