Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Supply, Demand and Company Image  (Read 683 times)

hybridace101

• Former member
Supply, Demand and Company Image
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:54:00 AM »
Please take a look at the graphic below and pay particular attention to Thursday's figures.  If there are more available seats on that day than actual demand (thanks to competition), is there still a good chance I can get more than a 50% LF on that day if I want to add my flight to what's available on that day?  How long will it take before I can see the results bear fruit or what can I do without bringing up costs (i.e. marketing) or reducing prices substantially especially since the cost of TV/radio marketing can be much more than the incremental amount I would get if I didn't use such media. 

I understand that a higher total company image gives us the right to raise prices.  But howabout a higher individual route image?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:09:44 AM by hybridace101 »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Supply, Demand and Company Image
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
Since the sold seats (and resulting LF%) depends on so many different things it's not really possible to answer that..

hybridace101

• Former member
Re: Supply, Demand and Company Image
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 05:24:32 AM »
My airline is more than 2 years old and my loads have averaged 82-85%.  My company image is around 61.  When would be the best time to raise fares by even 5% and will that have an impact on passengers willing to travel?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.