Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: how to schedule when aircrafts operate Long Haul Flights  (Read 780 times)

seigingin

• Former member
how to schedule when aircrafts operate Long Haul Flights
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:20:54 PM »
Hi, i've tried to expand the international long haul flights.
When aircraft operates long haul flights, the aircraft occupies for at least 1 and half days. Meaning you cannot schedule the aircraft on 7 times a week.
But what is the best way to schedule the aircraft?
Right now, I schedule one aircraft on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on Long haul flight, and some of the short haul flight in the empty slot.  BUT, if I used 3aircrafts to operate this route daily, like 2nd aircraft on Tuesday, Thursday and Sat, 3rd aircrafts on Sunday, it gets very inefficient.
Cuz those aircrafts have 3class cabin. Currently, my 3rd aircraft only do long haul on Sunday, and the other times are on short-haul.

Does anyone have good idea??

sorry that the explanation gets so long..hope someone can help...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: how to schedule when aircrafts operate Long Haul Flights
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:29:05 PM »
Well you really figured it out already there. Only sort of bad choices - either run empty C/F seats or don't fly the plane at all on the idle days.  It depends on what routes you could use to fly shorthaul really if it's worth doing (but usually it is).

Or then you could try so that one plane flies to two different LH destinations during the week which may give you a better utilization.

seigingin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:35:28 AM »
Thank you for your reply.
I've got another question now.
I saw some people schedule the same route with different flight number.
E.g.  JFK-LHR AA111w/ A333 on Monday, JFK-LHR on AA113 w/ another A333 on Tuesday, and go on until Sunday.
This means when they make a schedule they don't create as a daily schedule, right?
It is a daily flight w/ different aircraft and different flight number.
Is is more efficient to do so or not?

hybridace101

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:53:17 AM »
I suggest to fill the time, you should fly high-density or high-yield very shorthaul routes (i.e. those at most 2 hours).  The total amount of time that an aircraft will devote to that at average shouldn't be more than 8 hours return and including the time it takes before it can be turned-over to the next flight. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.