Flight Delays

Started by ArthurWellesley, January 10, 2010, 11:05:08 PM

ArthurWellesley

So, this is what my flight delay screen looks like:

Each of my aircraft, two Dash 8 Q400s and two 300Es, have 45 minute turnarounds which shows as a ~1% chance of a delay.  I can't really imagine having turnarounds much longer than this.  Could there be a cause other than that, perhaps employee discontent?

Sigma

It was a measly 3 minutes, man. :)

It's always gonna be something, and about 3 minutes is as low as it can get.  You're focusing on the fact that it's "80%" and it seems high in terms of percentages, but it's 80% of a very, very small pie.

What matters is the "Punctuality" figure that is right above what you pasted.  What is that figure?  If I were to guess based on what you pasted here, it's about 95-97%.

ArthurWellesley

91.5% is the punctuality.  I'm looking at the 1050 minutes worth of delays. 

JonesyUK

Have you left 45 min gaps between the sparate flights on the schedule?

i.e. flight XXX001/XXX002 lands back at you base at 12:00, then flight XXX003/XXX004 departs your base at 12:45

ArthurWellesley

I thought it built the turnaround on the opposite side into the schedule.  If that's the case, no, I've left none of that.

Kanis

Arthur- You have to add in the time yourself on the schedule. This is one of the features I hope sami takes care of soon! I wish that it would build in a turnaround.

Also you can get your delay time even lower. My AVG DELAY: 1 MIN with only 253 mins total for the whole week. That is just because of ATC and airport delays which makes up 58% with 616 (-1) flights last week. Even my punctuality is stable around 97%  ;D It can be done my friend.  ;)

ArthurWellesley

Quote from: Kanis on January 11, 2010, 05:13:09 PM
Arthur- You have to add in the time yourself on the schedule. This is one of the features I hope sami takes care of soon! I wish that it would build in a turnaround. 

Are you sure? I think we're both half right and half wrong:

It looks like it builds the default turnaround into the schedule (25 minutes) before it can depart again.  Therefore, instead of 45 minutes in between flights, I need to schedule an additional 20 minutes in.  Yes?

jneil121

That is correct Arthur. The automatic scheduler only imputs the planes default turnaround time. You have to add the remaining time yourself.

ucfknightryan

Quote from: Kanis on January 11, 2010, 05:13:09 PM

Also you can get your delay time even lower. My AVG DELAY: 1 MIN with only 253 mins total for the whole week. That is just because of ATC and airport delays which makes up 58% with 616 (-1) flights last week. Even my punctuality is stable around 97%  ;D It can be done my friend.  ;)

As long as you aren't based somewhere with horrible weather like I am at KDVX in Dawn.  In the winter I have over 1% cancellations from weather, and around 7% of my flights are delayed > 15 min because of weather.   :laugh:  I suspect that's one of the reasons Denver was empty even though I didn't join right at the beginning of the game.

//Not that I'm complaining, It's a small price to pay for a nice big airport  ;D

ArthurWellesley

Thanks fellows, glad to have that cleared up.  I've redone my schedule accordingly.