Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: High number of staff required  (Read 514 times)

onlyfilm

• Former member
High number of staff required
« on: January 10, 2010, 03:11:35 PM »
Hi there-
I was checking over my staff levels, and was astonished to find out that I was employing 94 very large aircraft pilots, when I only have 2 Ilyushin Il-62MK's flying one long haul route per day. Is this normal? Despite having an overall load factor for my entire fleet of 96% with considerable profits on every route, I am still making a loss of $400,000 per week due to the huge amount that I am paying to employ these 94 pilots. If 3 are required for each flight, that is 6 per day, and therefore a maximum of 42 pilots would be required if each pilot was to only work one route pair per week. In contrast, I am only employing 11 pilots for my fleet of 2 Dash-8's who complete more than 5 sectors per day.

How is this possible? If I am not careful, this small issue is going to bankrupt me.

Thanks,
Callum

onlyfilm

• Former member
Re: High number of staff required
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »
Sorry-I've just checked and somehow the aircraft requires 5 pilots! That is ridiculous, but true I guess.
Apologes for the trouble...

edit: I just checked up on the aircraft, and it turns out that there are 3 essential pilots, plus 2 optional, but the optional crew are only required for either over water flights or vip flights. Maybe there could be some distinction in the game, as these extra costs are killing me.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:30:25 PM by onlyfilm »

Floris18

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »
If you want to go bankrupt buy/lease Russian planes. They cost too much fuel,
too many pilots and I never made profits with them ;).

Your problem is not too many pilots (it's only a small part) but try
to calculate how much $/hour you pay for fuel. Calculate
that for a Boeing/Airbus and non-Russian planes are the winner.

Russian planes are only made to make profits at fuel levels 10 $/barrel or so. Good old days..

onlyfilm

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
I know, but the only reason I bought the russian planes was because they were the only long haul aircraft available. I've only got a 1 year lease, and I'm going to terminate that just before the C check...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
3 essential pilots, plus 2 optional, but the optional crew are only required for either over water flights or vip flights.

Nope, the flight crew numbers are what are really needed for the operation. And real for that particular aircraft type.

You got captain, co pilot, engineer, navigator, and can't remember what the 5th guy does .. but he's needed anyway.

Now you know why there wasn't any umemployment in USSR ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.