Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: no high range planes!  (Read 1236 times)

R.uben

• Former member
no high range planes!
« on: January 03, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
there's just a problem with this game, the plane with the highest range has a range of less than 4500.

I'm located in south africa, i do have some shorter hops as well but a large hop to for example london is just impossible because that's more than 5000. If i'd do that with the planes available there are only 46 seats to sell because of the weight. So there's just no option for me to fly a route to london because the highest range available is 4500. Why are there so little high range planes?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: no high range planes!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
I'm with you on this one.  The used market is no help and the new aircraft production lists means it takes 6+ months to get a plane.  I'm based in Honolulu and going bankrupt after C-checks nailed me on the older craft.  I got desperate for planes and started refitting Tupolev's with less seats to extend the range.  Pretty sad, eh?

On the flip side, I'm also playing the Rise of and Dawn of games and there is a huge flood of used aircraft, most of which are less than 5 years old.  Not sure if this is a result of bankruptcy as fuel prices went north of $900 or due to the world settings, but it is much easier to find at least a couple options for routes.

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:49:03 PM »
The nature of the game means that there isn't always going to be something exciting to do everyday.  Or maybe even days at a time.  Sometimes, to get the plane you want, you're gonna have to wait for it.  You need to put an order in for a new one and wait.  If the Used market always had planes that everyone wanted, there'd be little point for a New one, would there?

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 06:02:19 AM »
Oh... how fun  ;D
Beta Tester

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 07:54:14 PM »
If you don't mind a gas guzzler last I checked there was a few IL-62M's. It's got a range of 4800.......I have one and somehow its making me money......

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 12:20:11 AM »
You can always do a tech stop. you have a 9000m range then  :P

knutm1980

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »
I'm based in East Africa and I find the same problem. I know Africa is an expansive continent, running a profitable airline doesn't seem too problematic, but reaching certain destinations even on the continent are tricky in direct routes, let alone outisde of the continent. Even more so if you are based in South Africa. The IL96 seems to be the safest bet to get a long haul fleet on the go as they are relatively cheap to lease and not in high demand as far as I can see, other cost factors are nto favourable however. I can't see much use of a jumbo jet, or any of the big airbuses as the pax demand is generally too low. Low yield routes to nearby destinations also makes it problematic to have consistant hgih use of the medium.long haul flights as these may take just over 12 hours to complete.

I've been having some success with my fleet of 757's flying to the middle east so far.

munipandita

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 02:09:18 PM »
But with a tech stop, your profit isn't smaller? I mean, you are going to spend a lot fuel. Are the incomes worthy? I didn't figure out what is the equation but i think there is, for every aircraft, a relation of range, fuel spenditure and profit. There is an ideal range to have a good profit and a ideal fuel burn. So my guess is that short routes for airplanes with long range (eg.: 1600NM range, and a route with 300NM) is good. You'll profit, but flying a route with 1200NM, the profit would be higer, in proportion.

This is my bet, and i am trying to figure it out.
If anyone can confirm or say i am wrong, thanks hehe

takasito

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »
B767-200ER is my only choice for long-haul.

pattN

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 06:01:52 PM »
have a look on airbus a330 with 5000+ range , also tristar l1011 500 with 5000+ range  ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.