Profit or Loss?

Started by flygresor, December 21, 2009, 08:36:20 PM

flygresor

Can someone help me with all the figures?

Values show the actual profit/loss of the aircraft including all fees and payments.
Profit yesterday   353 531 USD
Cumulative profit this week   520 156 USD
Cumulative profit last week   1 128 225 USD

The sums are an estimate of next week's incomes based on previous day.
Sold tickets   797 871 USD
Line maintenance (A+B)   -21 859 USD
Insurance   -60 364 USD
Fuel cost   -195 299 USD
Route fees (1)   -90 078 USD
Weekly leasing cost   -440 262 USD
Total   -9 991 USD
(1) Includes landing, passenger, handling and navigation fees.

Is this aircraft making profit or loss? How are the figures calculated?

Sigma

What matters most on that screen is the 3rd line:  "Cumulative profit last week"

The bottom section gives you a better breakdown, but it is forecasting the week based on the previous day.  So if you are one that flies your planes different every single day or if your aircraft was in maintenance the day prior, you will get an inaccurate forecast.  That's why your plane is showing a pretty good profit for the week prior but is currently forecasting a small loss for the upcoming week.

Unbornio

Cumulative profit last week   1 128 225 USD
---

I'm shocked.  :o  My best plane gives 500k a week, probably cause I run out of JFK.
Beta Tester

Sigma

Quote from: Unbornio on December 22, 2009, 02:50:55 AM
Cumulative profit last week   1 128 225 USD
---

I'm shocked.  :o  My best plane gives 500k a week, probably cause I run out of JFK.

I make more profit than that with little F100 regional jets :)

Unbornio

Well, I'm trying out JFK. So far, not very good. Route fees doubles my fuel cost...  :P

Beta Tester

Sigma

Yeah, DFW is no better.  My Route Fees with an A300 are over $500K/week alone, which is more than double the fuel the plane is using.  And it's not like the A300s are cheap on fuel either.  Route costs on my F100s are costing me about 2.5-3 times fuel costs.  I've still got a couple that are coming really close to making a cool $1M/week gross profit with just a measly 100 seats on 'em.

Unbornio

You must run 120NM routes  :P.

I try as much as I can to fill the slots with one long 4-leg route.  ;D (Less micromanagement, I know I earn less)
Beta Tester

Sigma

Heh.  Not quite, but close.  My most profitable F100s fly 5 routes per day -- so that's actually 10 individual legs, usually about 250-350NM each.  I've got about a dozen that I've managed that with.  The vast majority of the others fly 4 routes per day, and a handful fly just 3 routes per day.

atlflytguy

Thanks for asking that question.  I have been trying to figure that out too.  Allen    -SkyNational